Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 15/04/18 @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

They'll play Wilshere and Xhaka in midfield probably.

Both of them started last Thursday mind, so if they go with a similar team in the second leg I’d be surprised if they were both turning out against us. Might go with Elneny on Thursday now like.

Doesn’t matter anyway, big Mo batters them all.

I think he'll play a weakened team in the Europa League as they're so far ahead which won't help us.

We're desperately due a win against this lot mind, especially up here.

Will be a much tougher game than a lot of people anticipate as they're actually quietly on a very good run of form.

Think he’ll actually play their strongest team, the Europa is number 1 for them now.  They conceded 2 yesterday and have already conceded an away goal.  Can’t see them taking risks with their side,  think you will see a similar team to yesterday v us

In case anyone hadn't seen this.

There will be no Metro service on Sunday 15th April between South Gosforth and Heworth, the line is closed.

Buses will run at 5 minute intervals, number 900, instead.

Expect chaos!

I think he'll play a weakened team in the Europa League as they're so far ahead which won't help us.

Will be a much tougher game than a lot of people anticipate as they're actually quietly on a very good run of form.

Why would he play a weakened team in the Europa League?

That literally makes no sense.

They're 4-1 up, can probably afford to rest a couple if they want to.

Wouldn’t lose any sleep if he benches Gayle for Slimani.

They are just the type of team that would struggle with Slimani IMO. I think Rafa has to give him a good run out to see what we would look like with a mobile target man for next season.

I'm not sure about this one anymore. [emoji38]...

:lol: I have similar feelings. Reading through the thread kinda reinforces them. I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to get gubbed, but happily it doesn't matter any more, for either of us.

Rest them for what? The league is pointless for them as they’ll finish exactly where they are.

Winning the Europa League will get them Champions League football next season, even if they were 5-0 up I’d expect them to take that much more seriously than our game.

They’ve also shipped a few goals recently including at home against Southampton and Ostersunds so a 3-0 defeat and elimination would not be against the cards if they start risking resting players.

Fully expecting my first match at SJP will be a disappointment so I'm just hoping we score a goal.

I'll be doing my best to cram into the Strawberry prematch if any NOers will be around

My first was the Villa game where Bowyer and Dyer (Saylor too?) got sent off. I hope you do better :lol:

Because it's a dead rubber, they're 4-1 up and extremely unlikely to lose 3-0

Rest them for what? The league is pointless for them as they’ll finish exactly where they are.

Winning the Europa League will get them Champions League football next season, even if they were 5-0 up I’d expect them to take that much more seriously than our game.

They’ve also shipped a few goals recently including at home against Southampton and Ostersunds so a 3-0 defeat and elimination would not be against the cards if they start risking resting players.

Rest for the semi final, and not get any yellow cards etc.

Because it's a dead rubber, they're 4-1 up and extremely unlikely to lose 3-0

I know Moscow aren't any great shakes, but if Arsenal put half a team out, with their seemingly fragile mentality away from home, they really could get turned over 3-0. No chance Wenger takes that risk. They'll be full strength or thereabouts.

He rested players against Southampton didnt he? Wenger wouldn't have done that if he wasn't going strong in Russia. Unless he didnt rest players, in which case there is nothing to be scared of.

PEA is literally the only player worth a fuss. Get into them and they will bottle it.