Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I was on a flight to Faro last Sunday with this lot. I was sat directly behind Jack Ross and I was a little bit drunk when I got on the plane, resulting in a few little digs at them (all taken in good humour). However, at the end of the flight I spoke with the manager about signings, the size of the squad and their ambition for the season. He didn't even try to hide the fact he's pissed off with the lack of money available and the current state of the squad. I asked how many players he had and he replied "19 I think it is today, some of them wont be here next week and half of them are kids". He was a decent enough bloke actually and was just laughing about the wind ups at the start of the flight.

He also said it's almost certain they wont spend a single penny.

I was on a flight to Faro last Sunday with this lot. I was sat directly behind Jack Ross and I was a little bit drunk when I got on the plane, resulting in a few little digs at them (all taken in good humour). However, at the end of the flight I spoke with the manager about signings, the size of the squad and their ambition for the season. He didn't even try to hide the fact he's pissed off with the lack of money available and the current state of the squad. I asked how many players he had and he replied "19 I think it is today, some of them wont be here next week and half of them are kids". He was a decent enough bloke actually and was just laughing about the wind ups at the start of the flight.

He also said it's almost certain they wont spend a single penny.

Sounds like he’s already feeling betrayed by the Don. He could have managed St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership, couldn’t he? What a career decision this could turn out to be.

Normally, you would take that with a pinch of salt...but seeing as their owner (their fucking owner :lol:..) is talking freely about transfers etc on Twitter, I believe every word of it.

They are fucked.

Nah, think that's a bit too much.

They were absolute dogshit last season and they weren't that far off staying up.

Although it's a poor standard league and getting out shouldn't be an issue the business they've done so far isn't great. Hopefully they get off to a shocking start and then the fans can turn on The Don.

I'm fairly certain that they're going to bounce back up first time tbh, mainly due to the fact that Rotherham we're awful when the season before last, ended up with less points then Sunderland did, and bounced back strait away.

He is way out of his depth and bringing Methven in alongside him was a desperate move, although his cheap dig about Newcastle fans being arrogant definitely bought him some favour with the masses.

Private Eye in it's recent scathing write up about "Thatcher worshipping smoothie chops" Methven describes how he took staff to task about modest expenses claims while claiming ridiculous amounts himself for lunches etc.

Now they've got fans fixing the seats while the boss is on a jolly to Russia.

The more level headed and astute mackems themselves must be beginning to wonder how this is going to pan out.

I'm fairly certain that they're going to bounce back up first time tbh, mainly due to the fact that Rotherham we're awful when the season before last, ended up with less points then Sunderland did, and bounced back strait away.

I'd wager that Rotherham did that with largely the same squad and not a whole new team of inferior players

I'd wager that Rotherham did that with largely the same squad and not a whole new team of inferior players

Was going to say the same. Sunderland are having to rip up their squat and start again, with a budget of 0. I still think they'll be fine but it does have the potential to be hilarious.

3rd fucking division man, still hasn't sunk in properly, it's utterly hilarious :lol:

No matter what they do this season, we'll always be able to giggle at them being so far down there in the turd division. The Netflix doc, the twitterific owner, the pink seats, the list is just endless.