Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Do you think if we were in League One we'd still be getting 52,000 at home?

All hypothetical. We're not and they are so f**k them. Let's not forget the 8k v Walsall a few weeks ago.

This, gimmick crowd, back to the usual 17,000 missing next match, still 3rd and being made to work for it in the 3rd division, a league they said, again, they would piss.

They must go up or they will be gone for a long time, simple, and today they limped to a win, again, can’t go on all season.

Sunderland have always had gimmick crowds. Their record home attendance of 75,000 was preceded by a crowd of 10,000 and followed by one of 14,000.

Celebrating the record attendance in League One ffs. :lol:

Although pre-rebrand, we got 48,000 at home to Bournemouth in the Third Division (in about 1972).

Just had a similar discussion with my father in law. Ended up with him saying "but that was division three, not league one."

It was rebranded to league 1 about 10 years ago. They're wanking themselves silly over having a record attendance for a league that has only "existed" (in that name) for 10 years.

To be fair, 46,000 in League One is pretty good like.

It's a great crowd for a 3rd tier game. And although they'll wank themselves off over the attendance today, they fail to realize all the empty seats in every other game they've played at home this season.

Pretty sure the Sheffield derby had 49000 there on boxing day 1979 and it's the 3rd tier whatever you want to call it.

oh yeah but Mackem logic.  records only count after 1979- but remember they were also so important before 1992.  :lol: :lol:

Yeah their crowd on boxing day is magnificent, but it's not a 3rd tier record. They can't just draw that line wherever they want.

Did we claim our 52,000 crowd was a record for the 2nd tier ffs? :lol: It'd have been the same logic.

Claiming that a one off gimmick attendance, which was campaigned for on social media etc, is "magnificent support" is a bit misleading really. It's no different to the spike you see in a lower league team's crowd the week before they play a big team in the cup or a non-league club before a big FA vase game.

The 8,000 who turned out for a midweek FA cup match at the SoL last month are probably more representative of their magnificent support.

To be fair, 46,000 in League One is pretty good like.

It's a great crowd for a 3rd tier game. And although they'll wank themselves off over the attendance today, they fail to realize all the empty seats in every other game they've played at home this season.

Exactly. Where have these 46k fans been for the past 3 years?

A football team is for life, not just for Christmas.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastle-want-more-tickets.1456349/

The state of the usual bellends on this thread man, yep it’s a match we can sit back and take the piss for 90 mins and they know it, fancy having to play our bairns  :lol:

Same usual suspects  :lol:

Our biggest game of the season apparently. :lol:

They are absolutely hating this fixture like.

A lot of the proper mags I know are even cringing at the speed/frenzy this game is creating amongst their support.

proper mags :lol:

I wonder what the largest difference in attendance is for one club at home in one season ? Obviously without playing behind closed doors etc.  Chelsea in the 70s/80s had a reputation for going from 12,000 one week then 30,000 the next.

I wonder what the largest difference in attendance is for one club at home in one season ? Obviously without playing behind closed doors etc.  Chelsea in the 70s/80s had a reputation for going from 12,000 one week then 30,000 the next.

As I said on the previous page, the makems went from 10,000 one week to 75,000 the next. Their record low that season was 3,000.

Not long until they have a competitive fixture against a side that normally plays the likes of Blyth Spartans & Ashington in the Northumberland Senior Cup. That’s why there’ll be a big Newcastle following, it’s rubbing their noses in it. It’ll be embarrassing if they have over 10k home fans there. Not a chance would I even contemplate going if the tables were reversed.

They went from 10,000 v Sheff Wed to 75,000 v Derby County, back down to 14,000 for their next home game all in the space of a month back in 1933. Always been a fickle lot. They used to be renowned for it.

They went from 10,000 v Sheff Wed to 75,000 v Derby County, back down to 14,000 for their next home game all in the space of a month back in 1933. Always been a fickle lot. They used to be renowned for it.

I love their 1992 Craic as well, like they were a big club before then. when 9 years earlier their chairman said this.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/lifestyle/nostalgia/dateline-16-march-1983-sunderland-chairman-i-wish-we-had-newcastle-s-fans-1-5502961

As I said on the previous page, the makems went from 10,000 one week to 75,000 the next. Their record low that season was 3,000.

Ah, the time they got 75000 in a ground that only held 60000.

Didn't happen.

Have we got these extra tickets yet? Howay club sort it out, I think their seats might need a look at after the game I’m told  :lol:

Back to a normal crowd today for the groomers

Was that not because they could only get tickets for a Cup game if they attended the league game ?