Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

It's an age thing, really. I know a bloke in his early 60s who is a mackem and will openly admit when he was younger, he'd often go to SJP when they were away and his mates who supported us would go to Roker Park when we were away. He said it was the done thing.

I'm fairly certain there's people on here who have mentioned it before as being fairly common. Fans on either side would be aghast if you admitted doing it now.

Likewise my mackem mates are sound - but that's because I've known most of them at least 20 years. We've also all mellowed out as we've got older.

That's not to say there are fans on either side, most likely at the younger end, who absolutely despite the other half.

Haven't been on the buses for a while so popped over earlier. 1st thread at the time was them having a go at Sol Campbell for wondering why more BAME members of the population are dying than non-BAME. Skipped that and went straight to them hoping the owner of Peterboro is going to safe their season. Wild

It's an age thing, really. I know a bloke in his early 60s who is a mackem and will openly admit when he was younger, he'd often go to SJP when they were away and his mates who supported us would go to Roker Park when we were away. He said it was the done thing.

I'm fairly certain there's people on here who have mentioned it before as being fairly common. Fans on either side would be aghast if you admitted doing it now.

Likewise my mackem mates are sound - but that's because I've known most of them at least 20 years. We've also all mellowed out as we've got older.

That's not to say there are fans on either side, most likely at the younger end, who absolutely despite the other half.

I’m 44 and hate then still as much as when I was 12. Bring on Armageddon for them !

Fucking hell. That makes for some horrific reading. Our friends up the road are being taken for a ride and Stewart has most of them convinced he’s just a passionate fan like they are with his STID play-acting. I thought that Charlie actually came across more natural (if not less loathsome of course), not making excuses for trying to flip them over asap. That Santori bloke may actually be the worse of the lot. He’s not put anything in yet stands to make a huge profit on the back of absolutely nothing but the illusion of wealth and investment.

Guest Carrick18

f***ing hell. That makes for some horrific reading. Our friends up the road are being taken for a ride and Stewart has most of them convinced he’s just a passionate fan like they are with his STID play-acting. I thought that Charlie actually came across more natural (if not less loathsome of course), not making excuses for trying to flip them over asap. That Santori bloke may actually be the worse of the lot. He’s not put anything in yet stands to make a huge profit on the back of absolutely nothing but the illusion of wealth and investment.

They're another example of why the EFL test needs massive reform. He's lied his way through the last 12-18 months on the notion they'd go up and he'd make a fat profit.

Ive only watched two episodes so dont have the full picture of them yet, but while i think they were ultimately in it for a quick few quid, i do wonder if Donald really didnt realise what he was getting into, at times he looked shocked at the numbers and you'd think he would have gone through it all before buying, Has he bought them thinking it was a sure bet they'd go up and then he'd repay the loan, or sell, then got through the door and realised the full situation.

Methven seems like an absolute chancer.

Haven't been on the buses for a while so popped over earlier. 1st thread at the time was them having a go at Sol Campbell for wondering why more BAME members of the population are dying than non-BAME. Skipped that and went straight to them hoping the owner of Peterboro is going to safe their season. Wild

Just been on there myself, first thread I read was asking who others would support should Sunderland go tits up. First answer? Whoever is playing NUFC. :lol:

Be horrendous for them if we start winning trophies, it’d hurt them more than any of their relegations or potentially going bust. We all hate Ashley as our sole purpose is to survive, no ambition at all. Their purpose is to hate Newcastle. Weird cunts.

I was in Gelsinkirkshen when we played Schalke, a team from Spain (Malaga I think) and West Ham in a pre season "friendly" tournament.  I was with my wife and the tournament was to be played on Saturday and Sunday.

The German fans were fantastic, didn't see many Spanish fans and the West Ham fans just wanted to fight/kill us.  The West Ham fans were a disgrace at that time and I could tell you a lot more but lets not dwell on that.  However, the Schalke fans were great and more than made up for the negativity about West Ham.  We still keep in contact with the Schalke fans we met.  I really should write a more detailed article about the experience because it was great (apart from the police keeping the West Ham fans away).

Just been on there myself, first thread I read was asking who others would support should Sunderland go tits up. First answer? Whoever is playing NUFC. :lol:

Be horrendous for them if we start winning trophies, it’d hurt them more than any of their relegations or potentially going bust. We all hate Ashley as our sole purpose is to survive, no ambition at all. Their purpose is to hate Newcastle. Weird cunts.

A joyful wearyside existence would genuinely be 17th in the PL season in season out as long as they 'beat the mags'. Admittedly 17th in the Championship looks a while off for them yet, but that's sad as fuck, what a pathetic existence. And yet that would be their dream. Shit place, shit club, shit fans, hilarious inferiority complex.

Desperate to be linked to anything that isn't League One. Jordan Henderson winning a Premier League medal is really a medal for Sunderland etc.

The sad part of that SAFC page is that they are not actually linking with Koln. It doesn't look like Koln even know about it. It's just follow any Red-and-White team.

And as the RTG already realised.... they're more like FC Kaiseralutern (in Germany third tier) that any Bundesliga team.

Aye.

They have a thread on there about Atletico Ottawa.

The reason being because the BBC made an article about them the other day and they happen to play in red and white. It isn’t even confirmed that they will play in red and white stripes, just assumed because of the connection with Atletico Madrid. For what it’s worth, the CPL had a few teams who it was assumed would play in stripes, none have done so.

The city of Sunderland literally has nothing in common with the city of Ottawa. Ottawa is the capital city, the cities economy is largely reliant on parliamentary positions. A large portion of the residents speak French as their native language, in fact many of the suburbs are in Quebec, the French speaking part of Canada.

Out of all the cities who have teams in the CPL (and likely all the cities in Canada) both Sunderland and Newcastle have the most in common with Hamilton. It’s a major industrial city, with a history of coal mining, steel works, and to a lesser extent, ship building. Many of the expats from the North East in the 70-80’s went here, including those from my stepdads family. As such I have family over there now.

Guest Carrick18

Their official site has announced a slightly bizarre new football friendship.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2020/may/safc-x-fc-koln

Bit of a random choice too.

Sunderland is twinned with Essen, meaning if they wanted the nearest Bundesliga team it would be Schalke.

Awkward...

There is Rot-Weiss Essen, in the fourth division. Insert obvious joke about lower league clubs sticking together.

Be horrendous for them if we start winning trophies, it’d hurt them more than any of their relegations or potentially going bust. We all hate Ashley as our sole purpose is to survive, no ambition at all. Their purpose is to hate Newcastle. Weird c***s.

A joyful wearyside existence would genuinely be 17th in the PL season in season out as long as they 'beat the mags'. Admittedly 17th in the Championship looks a while off for them yet, but that's sad as f***, what a pathetic existence. And yet that would be their dream. s*** place, s*** club, s*** fans, hilarious inferiority complex.

Nail on head

Could have said a lot of our fans were content with that under Ashley mind you. In fact lower bottom half and beating Sunderland would have been seen as sucessful by some there's no doubt.

Aye lot of are fans are dumb also.

I like that grumpy fellow who’s made them believe he’s a paralegal or something, all believing his takeover crap and how ours won’t happen. Knocking bet he’s a janitor at wynns solicitors.