Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

There is a thread on RTG about lower league football not starting again until they are allowed crowds. A lot of the clubs are not financially viable without that income.  If that’s the case getting out of league 1 via an extended play off is absolutely huge for them. They could end up with no football at all for half of next season as well.

That athletic thing was a very good read. Pleased I signed up for it now, there's some top class, in depth reporting that you just don't get elsewhere.

Agree about the Athletic subscription, it's absolutely worth it and would be even more essential if everything goes as planned with the takeover.

About the Sunderland piece - it's a good retrospection but I was hoping they've dug into The Don's tenure. It's a bit sad that because of their fall, they can't even get the media interested enough to investigate their charlatan owners.

I wonder why STID didn’t include the Ellis Short interview? Goes against the narrative?

My guess is it probably included details that have come to light in the last fortnight about Stewart.

These lot like to tell us that Ashley saved us from being a disaster / another Leeds and Pompey due to the debt he inherited (mist of which was due to expanding the ground to level seven which was secured against 40K season ticket payments until 2015) yet St Niall left them with £40m of debts to Short but they absolutely SLATE Short! Mackem logic!

Does anyone know how much in total he spent on them? He must DESPISE Niall Quinn!

Watching STID the other day one of the main things that stands out is their keepers in the championship season. Jason Steele man my word. Even the commentator at that Celtic friendly said " oh no everything on target is going in!". How they went through most the season with him is incredible. Sure he was/is a mag an all! If they spent 1m on a half decent keeper they would still be in the championship now.

I don't get why Short just let them fall like that either, surely it would have been worth him spending even 5m of the Pickford money and that would have at least kept them from going to league 1

Watching STID the other day one of the main things that stands out is their keepers in the championship season. Jason Steele man my word. Even the commentator at that Celtic friendly said " oh no everything on target is going in!". How they went through most the season with him is incredible. Sure he was/is a mag an all! If they spent 1m on a half decent keeper they would still be in the championship now.

I don't get why Short just let them fall like that either, surely it would have been worth him spending even 5m of the Pickford money and that would have at least kept them from going to league 1

If it weren’t for the producers being MLFs, you could be forgiven for thinking the goalkeepers were a plant to send Sunderland down, they were shocking. They featured heavily in the first 2 episodes too.

This line is brutal.

Then, Sunderland were still a big football club with possibilities, rather than a box set

This brings me to something I've been wondering recently. Why is everything a box set even if it's not in a box set? Surely a purely streaming show would not be considered a box set?

This line is brutal.

Then, Sunderland were still a big football club with possibilities, rather than a box set

This brings me to something I've been wondering recently. Why is everything a box set even if it's not in a box set? Surely a purely streaming show would not be considered a box set?

Think TV shows/series get called a 'box set' when all episodes are available to watch immediately.

If it weren’t for the producers being MLFs, you could be forgiven for thinking the goalkeepers were a plant to send Sunderland down, they were shocking. They featured heavily in the first 2 episodes too.

Yep, I am adamant that was the case with Steele. I know for a fact he used to get a bus up to Newcastle home games

A great read, that Athletic piece. I even felt a bit sad for them (know plenty of sound fans) but I found myself thinking that the graph of league positions would make a great t shirt :shifty: that championship season freefall :sweetjesus:

Clubs will still be promoted and relegated from the three divisions of the English Football League if seasons are ended amid the coronavirus crisis.

Play-offs will also be played, but with no more than four teams.

The EFL has confirmed that 51% of clubs in either the Championship, League One or League Two need to agree for a campaign to be curtailed.

If a season is ended, the final table will be decided by an unweighted points-per-game system.

Clubs voted to end the League Two campaign immediately on 15 May, also proposing that no team should be relegated to the National League.

However, with the EFL including relegation in its framework for curtailing a season early, Stevenage would go down from League Two.

Swindon, Crewe and Plymouth would be automatically promoted to League One.

Looks like they won’t go up.

7 clubs have already said they will vote to end the season on unweighted PPG, and they just need another 7 clubs to vote for it.

The play offs will not be extended to include other clubs, and Sunderland will finish 8th with the unweighted PPG being used.