Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Didn’t someone pull up their accounts when in the PL and compared their attendances to their ticket income and it evidenced just how many free/cheap tickets they were giving away? :lol: 

Worked out on average £9 a ticket.....in the prem. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Dick Turpin wore a mask, daylight robbery to watch that shite!

And Bally leaving, fucking hell man, what a nothing plodder, he wouldn’t even make our worst players to have played over 30 games or so for us XI you’d think! :lol:

They gave 10 each home game to my sons junior school and by the end of the season they literally couldn't give them away, I remember the teacher standing at the gate with then in her hand and nobody would take them.

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

They gave 10 each home game to my sons junior school and by the end of the season they literally couldn't give them away, I remember the teacher standing at the gate with then in her hand and nobody would take them.

There was always a pile of freebies on one of the receptions at Sunderland Uni when my nephew went there, about 10% would get taken. According to their then Chairmen they'd rather watch in the pub on an illegal feed than pay the club they "support".

Edited by madras

3 minutes ago, madras said:

There was always a pile of freebies on one of the receptions at Sunderland Uni when my nephew went there, about 10% would get taken. According to their then Chairmen they'd rather watch in the pub on an illegal feed than pay the club they "support".

Northumbria Uni was the same as well. They'd have piles of them on the reception desks. My younger brother used to always grab a pile and proceed to chuck them in a bin. A bit childish, petty some might say, but it gave him some satisfaction.

6 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Still not even paid back the marrachute payments :lol:  The Don flipping a profit after buying the club on tick.

Sounds a lot like the stuff Ashley would release whenever there where rumours of us boycotting or protesting.

My boy was at their academy as little as last year back and they tried to palm tickets off to him and his Sunday team, stadium tours, mascots etc. all freebies, everyone turned them down :lol:

Turning on Keano real fast now as they realize they’re too skint to pay him some decent wages. Droning on about what a privilege it would be to manage them and how he will never get another chance like this. Absolutely delusional!

“Thank you so much for interviewing me for the position at this League One nuthouse. What an honor.” 

4 hours ago, NE27 said:

Screenshot-20220217-173048.jpg

I just can't understand why they'd rather blow millions on us now, when they could've bought sunlun for 50p and ended up in the same position as us.

That might tell you something about your club, really.

Although I'd agree they are one of the few teams down there that has a lot of positive points, but chronic mismanagement has really shackled them now.

And the fans just don't deserve it really, they are complicit imo.

What RTG is missing is that their club just isn't the same financial engine that Newcastle is (and never will be). And that's not a knock on their fans.

They equate attendance to ££ but the willingness/ability to pay the higher ticket prices needed to be profitable just isn't there.  And I'm not even convinced that spending £350M would get them back up to the Premier League.

They definitely have the fanbase to become a solid Champo team, but the fanbase are going to have to pay higher prices to increase the revenue stream to levels required to support a Champo budget.  That was always (and still is) their problem,  costs greatly exceeding revenues.

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Their ticket revenue was lower than Norwich's I recall. Norwich average gate, 25,000, Sunderland 43,000.

that's arguably their true natural size and pretty much how I see them, why their expecations outweigh reality and maybe the source of many of their problems. 40,000 people paying for the cheapest season tickets in the league, supplemented by various freebies should not be competitive with a 40,000 club charging standard PL prices.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Christ I think I've still got tickets for Platinum club beambacks in 1994 that cost more than that

*yep

"Sheffield Wed v Newcastle Utd -Sat 05 March 1994 Kick Off 3pm Admit to platinum concourse  price £10.00"

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, madras said:

Yep. My mates daughter went to Sunderland Uni and she reckoned there'd be a big pile of match tickets in reception and the invitation to help yourself, but with a limit of fifteen tickets per person.

During the Keegan years the company I worked for had a box at Newcastle and Sunderland, for a couple of seasons they seriously considered dropping the Newcastle one because of cost, however because of the business opportunities and deals that were done with big company's during that time they never did, Sunderland was just a piss up that 4 or 5 of the lads went to with a discount every year.

Thing is, Mansour didn't buy City because of any other reason than the name Manchester means something. 

Similarly Newcastle is a recognised brand and famous city, No one outside of the area gives a toss about Sunderland. That's why they bought us. 

33 minutes ago, macphisto said:

"a question from a Journo to Neil:

'Sunderland were the richest club in the world in the 50's, now that it's Newcastle do you think the Tyne-Wear rivalry will continue to even exist?'"

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/awful-journalism-this-morning.1572744/ 

"a stupid question"

"a pathetic question"

"question isn't relevant"

Thread is now 58 responses deep.