Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What did Bally actually do for them to be a club legend ?

Very good leader of the team during their most successful recent period of their history. Think Brian Kilcline but over a longer period of time.

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

Was 1-0 up at HT, too.

The useless cunt.

I was there and remember it well. They'd never won at home all season which was some going as it was towards the end of April! They were getting themselves all excited by half time whereas I was absolutely shitting it thinking we'll never live this down if their 1 home win of the season is against us.

Then we came out for the 2nd half and scored 4 goals right in front of us! The last few minutes were played out with more NUFC fans inside the ground than them!

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I was there and remember it well. They'd never won at home all season which was some going as it was towards the end of April! They were getting themselves all excited by half time whereas I was absolutely shitting it thinking we'll never live this down if their 1 home win of the season is against us.

Then we came out for the 2nd half and scored 4 goals right in front of us! The last few minutes were played out with more NUFC fans inside the ground than them!

Was this the same match where the "legend" of Michael Chopra was born....  scoring with his first touch after coming on as a sub.  Or was that a different win at their place?

14 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Me too. Best game I’ve been to.

6 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Was this the same match where the "legend" of Michael Chopra was born....  scoring with his first touch after coming on as a sub.  Or was that a different win at their place?

Yep. Shearer scored a pen (his last game for NUFC) and Luque chipped the keeper [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Still not even paid back the marrachute payments :lol:  The Don flipping a profit after buying the club on tick.

Was getting a lift over town on Saturday evening and the phone in was on Radio Newcastle after their game. Someone rang up questioning whether Steve Davison even exists :lol: Said things go through him but no-one’s ever seen him. They’re a shambles.