Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest covmag

Hmm bit annoying, tie could go either way but you'd have to put mackems as favourites with the 1-0 lead. And then they'll go up.

No worries man, the are absolute wank, they will be very lucky to get to top half of the Championship.

Hmm bit annoying, tie could go either way but you'd have to put mackems as favourites with the 1-0 lead. And then they'll go up.

We'll see what happens tomorrow,  but Charlton are the team in form, they'll give the makems a far better game than Pompey did.

Guest godzilla

Lowest crowd of the season in the league for their biggest match, sunderlands a massive club are they fuck  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest godzilla

Think pompey would have taken that result before the start of the match, mind they will have to improve going forward as they were shocking. Two of the worst teams in probably the worst game I've watched this season.

Play-off crowd vs us at Roker in 1990: 26,610 (vs 1989-90 average of 17,777)

Play-off crowd tonight at the 48k capacity SoL: 26,641 (vs 2018-19 average of 32,157)

Wembley might want to close their top tier...

Bride in peace here. Sorry I have stolen so many fans for tonight’s game, wasn’t expecting there to be a match today as I thought we were going to be promoted by October in this piss easy league, plus it was the only day off Nigel could get from The blue pop factory. Would have much preferred to be at the game with the worlds greatest fans, even better, to be married on the pitch at half time amongst all the carrier bags blowing around would have been pewer magic. Anyway me dogs need a quick push around the estate in their pram before I am off down the registry office.

:lol:

23,000 empty seats for their biggest home game of the season. So the club with the most empty seats in English football year on year do it again  :lol:

Our fans. Trafalgar Square. FTM.

Would be full if it wasn't wedding season

Guest chopey

I watched them last night and they are really poor, if they go up its going to take a lot of investment just to stay in the league never mind challenge for promotion.

I watched them last night and they are really poor, if they go up its going to take a lot of investment just to stay in the league never mind challenge for promotion.

Teams don't need a lot of investment to get out of the Championship. You just have to look at Norwich and Sheffield United who have put a squad together full of bargain buys, loans, free transfers and academy players. Sunderland could do the same its just a question if they have people behind the scenes clever enough to buy smartly.

Teams don't need a lot of investment to get out of the Championship. You just have to look at Norwich and Sheffield United who have put a squad together full of bargain buys, loans, free transfers and academy players. Sunderland could do the same its just a question if they have people behind the scenes clever enough to buy smartly.

Norwich have been supported by a great academy producing lots of talent, some sold on, some still with the club. Sunderland don't have anything like that. The one player that could have been they sold. Sheff Utd are an exception rather than the rule. Great management have sprung them up, again something they don't have.

Sunderland don't have any Championship quality players. They'll have to bring in 15 players just to survive, and with no money to spend that's going to be hugely difficult.

Norwich have been supported by a great academy producing lots of talent, some sold on, some still with the club. Sunderland don't have anything like that. The one player that could have been they sold. Sheff Utd are an exception rather than the rule. Great management have sprung them up, again something they don't have.

Sunderland don't have any Championship quality players. They'll have to bring in 15 players just to survive, and with no money to spend that's going to be hugely difficult.

I didn't say they have any of the things Norwich and Sheffield United have that got them promoted just that spending big is not only way to get out of the Championship. However, with proper long term planning they could. I don't believe they need 15 players either just to survive that would probably harm them more than help them trying to gel that amount of players together. They can still put a decent squad together with bargain buys, loans from Premier League clubs and free transfers.

Guest covmag

The squad they have is horrific, the standard in the 3rd division is terrible.

They will need a decent overhaul, no matter what happens I’d be amazed if they challenge for a play off place in the Championship