Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Great news for them, bad for those who want to see this continue. It was great fun but now they have hope and optimism. Probable promotion.

Such a shame.

Fuckin hell they are in league 1. Who cares if they have hope. They are now more irrelevant than ever

Just think they're more likely to be a Leicester, Southampton or Wolves than Leeds or Sheff Utd.

If the debt is cleared and they now have a full summer to prepare, they will absolutely p*ss League One.

Debt may be cleared but this doesn’t solve the problem of the likes of Cattermole and Rodwell still there on huge wages. They are still in the shit and it will take a while to sort that out.

If the debt is cleared and they now have a full summer to prepare, they will absolutely piss League One.

I don't see what basis this is on? They simply don't have the players as things stand, they also have a crippling wage bill which will stop them recruiting.

They also need to hire a manager. They could easily get it wrong.

If the debt is cleared and they now have a full summer to prepare, they will absolutely p*ss League One.

Debt may be cleared but this doesn’t solve the problem of the likes of Cattermole and Rodwell still there on huge wages. They are still in the shit and it will take a while to sort that out.

Absolutely. I'm sure the new owners have a plan but they have to hire and buy a team before they can compete. There's also two better teams joining them.

I don't see what basis this is on? They simply don't have the players as things stand, they also have a crippling wage bill which will stop them recruiting.

They also need to hire a manager. They could easily get it wrong.

How have Rotherham got on this season?

Even with Cattermole and Rodwell etc eating up wages they will still have a wage budget that will dwarf every team in that league.

Complete guesswork.

Could as easily have just been bought by a consortium who’s major investor owns Eastleigh.

Guest neesy111

Even with Cattermole and Rodwell etc eating up wages they will still have a wage budget that will dwarf every team in that league.

Yeap, just needs some sensible management.  If they start winning games, I suspect they'll get bigger crowds than this season.

Guest Howaythetoon

I guarantee the new owners don’t have a pot to piss in, if they did, Short wouldn’t have to have had paid the debt off out of his own personal money. They are now owned by League 1 type entrepreneurs who will try and run the club sensibly in accordance with the level they are now at, hoping 40k crowds will give them an edge in Leagie 1 :lol:

I guarantee the new owners don’t have a pot to piss in, if they did, Short wouldn’t have to have had paid the debt off out of his own personal money. They are now owned by League 1 type entrepreneurs who will try and run the club sensibly in accordance with the level they are now at, hoping 40k crowds will give them an edge in Leagie 1 :lol:

That’s my feeling too. Why didn’t they try but Sunderland when they were in championship?

I don't think this is the start of something special for the Mackems, the underlying problems they have still remain, a lack of income either due to fans not paying enough and now small amounts of TV money.

Having said that League 1 is a terrible standard, doesn't take much to get out of that league, only have to look at how the 3 relegated sides from last year have done.

I can see them getting promoted to The Championship and then staying there for a number of years.

Their ambitions and outlook may become clearer with who they appoint as manager. If they’ve been clever enough to see through Coleman they need to be clever again in the next appointment.

It would be hilarious if they go for a Pardew or McLaren. Short clearly just needed to get rid and couldn’t see a sustainable way forward. He’s spent a fortune to give the club away; the new owners can’t have that much money behind them. If they have then they’ve done Short up like a kipper.

Guest Howaythetoon

If a billionaire in Short couldn’t keep them away from League 1 what chance the new owners? Again they are now owned by people who don’t have a pot to piss in who have been effectively given a club for free. A few Mackem mates of mine are as concerned as they ever have been...