Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Was at a family party yesterday, so completely missed all of this.

Positive for them in the sense that they’ve got rid of Short and all of the debt. But is this bloke the answer? :lol: I don’t know much about him and don’t know the other investors, but his net worth is what? £10m? :lol: I also cant imagine the investors are major players in footballing terms if they’ve bought the mackems on the cheap. From his previous work this bloke doesn’t seem to have major wealthy contacts either, but all of this is based on very minimal research.

It’d concern me if we were taken over and we didn’t know who the investors were, to be honest.

As with everything in football, only time will tell on whether or not this is great news for them. I would be delighted if it transpires as I think it will and this is a League One ownership for a League One club.

If he can get them running properly, get the wasters on big salaries out of the door and get the fans back in the ground paying a healthy price for their tickets then they've got a good chance of doing quite well imo. League One should be a cakewalk for them this seasonand if they can get 40k into the SoL at real prices, not freebies, then they've got a good leg up over the other championship sides apart from the ones who will still be receiving parachute payments.

Depends on who they get as manager and their recruitment strategy I suppose.

I guess the fun had to end at some point, the biggest win here for them is the debt wipe out, that'll secure their short term future. They should bounce straight back up now. Long term is where they are going to have issues because they'll need to find some means to generate funds that will allow them first build a team that can compete in the championship and not rebound back to L1, then build a team capable of challenging for promotion.

I wonder what happens to the parachute payments, and the sales they'll make from Borini, Khaziri and probably Kone and NDong.

The best hope if this group is as financially insolvent as would appear is that their plan is to get them back in the champo and sell to another buyer with the clout to get them back in the PL. It takes a lot of investment now to get promoted, look at how much Wolves spent and Villa who may not even make it. Their base is now extremely low now, that'll take a great deal of luck thorugh their academy or a whole lot of investment to be able to compete with the teams that will be relegated from the prem in 2019.

I recognise that chap on the left.

Thats "Odd Bodd junior" out of carry on screaming.

Haha....one for the teenagers.

Great spot.

Fabio Borini will be in for a treat when he finishes his season with Milan and goes back after his holiday.

Forgot about him [emoji38]

Has he done anything of note there?

I thought I read that Milan had an obligation to buy him. Mackems seem convinced he's already as good as gone. Khazari has had a decent season in France apparently, so he'll get a move, Lens I think was out of contract in the summer as well, so he's gone. But they are still left with a lot of high earners, way too high for L1 levels, Rodwell, Cattermole,Kone, Djibodjiwhatever, Ndong, Oviedo, McNair and a few others. They don't make nearly enough through the gate to pay those wages, you would assume that's where next year's parachute payment will go.

I recognise that chap on the left.

Thats "Odd Bodd junior" out of carry on screaming.

Haha....one for the teenagers.

Great spot.

It fuckin is an all!  :lol:

Currently getting all excited about a sighting of Mick McCarthy in a pub in Boldon having lunch:

Mc.png

And the mackems have the fuckin neck to call us fat and gravy stained.....  look at the clip of this cunt with him....

Aye, Crooksy is a makem fan, known him since school.

To be fair the bloke looks pretty normal usually but when you are stood next to the sexual tyranosaur that is Mick you are gonna look rough [emoji38]

Is ellesse a tennis brand?

Yes I think that's it's origin, I remember Chris Evert looking particularly hot in their gear back in the day, not a patch on how well this guy is rocking the brand name however :p