Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Here in France we've had to show the vaccine pass for about 6 months now and it really isn't an issue like. No different from showing your ticket to an inspector on the metro or the train or your ID to a bouncer. I really don't get what the beef is with in the UK. As to it's effectiveness.. well that's a different argument.

Guest carpetman1
8 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBF I’ve been vaccinated, I still don’t like the idea of being asked for my papers that much. 

Never mind. It's not like it's going to be the scene from The Great Escape, where they are about to board the bus. "Good luck!" 

11 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBF I’ve been vaccinated, I still don’t like the idea of being asked for my papers that much. 

This kind of language is just emotive nonsense.  You have to 'show your papers' everywhere in society.

27 minutes ago, loki679 said:

This kind of language is just emotive nonsense.  You have to 'show your papers' everywhere in society.

Aye.  

"Tickets, please"

"w0t. iM n0t sh0Win U mI pAparZ"

3 hours ago, carpetman1 said:

Never mind. It's not like it's going to be the scene from The Great Escape, where they are about to board the bus. "Good luck!" 

Still can’t bear that scene and I’ve seen the film around 15 times 

I think the main gripe is the potential for delays. One person being asked to show their QR code is neither here nor there, the 150 people in the queue trying to show theirs so you can get through the turnstile at 2.50 would see a few kicking off. That's about the only drawback I can think of though. As an act in itself it's no hardship at all, it takes seconds. 

I went to AS Monaco v PSV a few weeks back (fucking awful game btw) and we had to scan the QR code on our health pass after scanning our ticket on the turnstyle so was pretty seamless. I guess the problem is when you get some muppet doing it wrong holding everyone up 

1 hour ago, midds said:

I think the main gripe is the potential for delays. One person being asked to show their QR code is neither here nor there, the 150 people in the queue trying to show theirs so you can get through the turnstile at 2.50 would see a few kicking off. That's about the only drawback I can think of though. As an act in itself it's no hardship at all, it takes seconds. 

Don’t be thick and arrive with plenty of time then. It’s not like people have had it sprung on them the morning of the game, plenty of notice to plan accordingly.

But you’re probably right, the thickos arriving at 2.50 are probably the same thickos who would “kick off” over their own inability to follow instructions.

Guest carpetman1
7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Don’t be thick and arrive with plenty of time then. It’s not like people have had it sprung on them the morning of the game, plenty of notice to plan accordingly.

But you’re probably right, the thickos arriving at 2.50 are probably the same thickos who would “kick off” over their own inability to follow instructions.

This. I'm in a wheelchair so arrive an hour before kickoff. Not for anything like wanting to see players warm up, but because when you are at my level, nobody notices you and an excitable crowd can easily be deadly. Granted, excitable crowds have been at a premium at SJP. I'm looking forward to antivaxxers being publicly shamed when they try to bluff their way in. 

23 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I was just trying to think of a valid reason to protest and that was the only scenario I could possibly see actually happening. But again, just leave plenty of time and even that situation is easily avoided :thup:

You would hope clubs would hire more staff and make it easier for fans to get in and out under these new guidelines… you’d also hope fans would be realistic and sensible! What can possibly go wrong!

28 minutes ago, HTT II said:

You would hope clubs would hire more staff and make it easier for fans to get in and out under these new guidelines… you’d also hope fans would be realistic and sensible! What can possibly go wrong!

If they hire any more staff they'll outnumber the fans.

Taken from Mike Amos's daily blog this morning.

Since they like to be known as the Black Cats, it might be supposed lucky when Sunderland FC cross your path. Crook Town take a different view.

Town hosted Sunderland’s under-23 side on Wednesday in the Durham Challenge Cup, 534 spectators attracted to the Millfield. After the usual deductions, the balance was £1,421.

Frequently these days, the big boys waive their right to half of the gate on such occasions – as did Newcastle United when 1,300+ turned out at Ashington the evening previously.

No such luck with Sunderland. Crook this morning received a request for £710 (and fifty pence.) Club chairman Vince Kirkup, the most urbane of men, is angry.

“We have to work hard for every penny we get and they’re a multi-million pound club. I know they’re entitled to their cut but it’s become an accustomed and much appreciated gesture that the big clubs don’t take it. To be honest, I’m disgusted.”

The score? Oh aye. Crook Town 1 Sunderland 0.