Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

KLD in 2021:
“It is a fresh start for the club, it has been many years now where the club had no real long-term vision and also cost cutting at its forefront which basically led to an asset stripping in almost all departments at the club.”

[emoji38]

Best bit is they tried to hide behind a fictional NDA which we all knew didn't exist and is only confirmed with the news. He's lied to them from the moment he arrived. 

They never ever learn. Glorious 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I really hope Ashley goes there. Even if he took them back to the Premier League which he could, it’d show to us in the long run what we were. A middling, shite PL team with no ambition.

He'll only have them living with their means so it'll ge a shite championship club with no ambition....which they'd snap your hands off for right now.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The ‘6 in a row’ was probably the worst thing to happen to them, but they’ll never see it like that. If they’d got relegated 2-3 seasons beforehand like they would have if they’d not have won even just one, I reckon they’d not have spiralled as a club like they have.

Yep. I don’t think they realised just how much they were dependent on Ellis’ continuous investment to keep them competing at PL level. Ellis paid a massive price for his shortcomings, yet the mackems couldn’t wait to see the back of him and now their income levels can’t even keep them in the League One title battle. Karma bites.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I really hope Ashley goes there. Even if he took them back to the Premier League which he could, it’d show to us in the long run what we were. A middling, shite PL team with no ambition.

Ashley only goes where Ashley can make money. They're a loss making operation that at best made far less than us. Asset stripping is the only way he could ever make money there. I imagine at best they'd only get to the level we were at when Ashley was forced out.

Lad on the radio crediting Blackpool for their boycott. There was a more local club that did that but as angry and upset and desperate as they are they still have the facilities to refuse to give NUFC credit.

Edited by Wolfcastle

40 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Yep. I don’t think they realised just how much they were dependent on Ellis’ continuous investment to keep them competing at PL level. Ellis paid a massive price for his shortcomings, yet the mackems couldn’t wait to see the back of him and now their income levels can’t even keep them in the League One title battle. Karma bites.

Yeah, Short lost something like £200m on Sunderland, basically gave the club away the when their support called for him to go. Imagine Ashley doing that! Or sacking manager after manager whenever their supporters call for it. They've basically been run on every whim of their supporters for the past decade.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Arguably the worst take I've ever seen on Twitter. A journalist writes an article criticising their owners and sticking up for their fans, and the immediate response is to grief him and bring our takeover into it.

Why do no journalists want to cover sunderland?!? Can't imagine.

30 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Arguably the worst take I've ever seen on Twitter. A journalist writes an article criticising their owners and sticking up for their fans, and the immediate response is to grief him and bring our takeover into it.

Why do no journalists want to cover sunderland?!? Can't imagine.

Why does nobody cover our club?

Why the fuck are you talking about our club in a bad light, the fukkin mags celebrated the Saudis man!

Mackematics at play here. Seemingly only want classy fans/football fwends articles wrote about them. Anything else is mag territory.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I do wonder what he'd do with them.

They seem to give him a lot of credit for 'getting us back up' but he inherited a top half club that he took down twice. When we went down the first time we had sellable assets and spent less than £10m on new faces - Oba Martins going to Wolfsburg covered all of the incoming players.

The second time he deserved some credit for the players signed like Sissoko and Wijnaldum being able to spin us a profit and cover a squad overhaul. That said, he was fortunate that Rafa approached him and was able to make shrewd signings like Gayle and Ritchie. Our only flops that year were Sels and Lazaar. 

His record of hiring managers is frankly awful, and he'd need to invest almost instantly to get them up. Given his habit of blurring the lines between personal investment and 'interest free loans' I don't know how he'd recover a lot of that money if the club itself cost between £20-40m because I can't see a world where someone pays £200m for Sunderland. We were fortunate to be a relatively stable PL club with consistent crowds and a decent image due to Keegan's Entertainers and Goal, and even then I can't believe we went for £300m.

31 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Every match they play, I want them to lose.

I would be delighted if they ended up being relegated out of the Football League.

Such a shame Hartlepool or Darlo don’t frequent Div 3 anymore, would’ve been superb to see them have to trudge down there on a level playing field.

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

Such a shame Hartlepool or Darlo don’t frequent Div 3 anymore, would’ve been superb to see them have to trudge down there on a level playing field.

Hartlepool, Carlisle and Harrogate in League 2 currently 😁

8 minutes ago, Thiago said:

What are we anticipating for their atmosphere on Saturday? Fellow promotion rival in MK Dons heading up to the SOL. I feel like a few may stay away and if it starts going bad it'll turn toxic quite quick.

Will grigg goal for them ??

3 hours ago, AJ9 said:

RTG twats aside, and even though I love to hate them, I feel a bit sorry for them. Another example of absolute parasites at a club that is at the heart of its (admittedly shite) community. Most Mackems I’ve met in teal life are sounds lads and I feel for them.

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5bc37e64-e7a7-477a-bb3b-a7023c6f9f06

The apparent apathy from a large number of their fans is staggering. Many of them just stopped going which has reduced income and affected their attractiveness to investors. Without any formal protest groups it just looks like they don’t care and that 5 years in Div 3 is acceptable.

I have no idea what it’ll take for them to get organised and try and force change; it may already be too late.

When they were convinced Dell was buying them it seemed they believed this was because they were somehow a class act and “deserved” it (some even suggesting that the Netflix doc had shed a good light on them and raised their profile).

The current SAFC support is letting down both previous and future generations.

I’d rather be playing against SAFC in the PL than Brentford for example (no disrespect), win or lose derby day is special. There’s no fear of that happening anytime soon.