Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran - SPA & POR advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White Waldo pissing around with a jetpack on Mars and brother Waldo stretches the limit of the imagination by being the visitor in a prison rather than the inhabitant. [emoji38] Life ain't shit.

I practically trembled during Spain's third, when it became apparent that the ball was nicely setting up for someone on the half volley. And what a hit.

Cracking game tonight, so much quality.

I practically trembled during Spain's third, when it became apparent that the ball was nicely setting up for someone on the half volley. And what a hit.

Cracking game tonight, so much quality.

What a girly man.

Come on. Toughen up, guy.

My wife and I were running late to the Morocco-Iran match yesterday, so we just called a taxi to drop us off at the "football stadium". Unfortunately, this guy managed to take us to the Petrovsky stadium (The previous Zenit stadium, which is currently decrepit and has no tenant, rather than the billion-dollar structure hosting a World Cup match within the hour). In my idiocy, I decided we should just walk to Krestovsky, but this was a 3-4 mile distance, so I ended up missing the first 55 minutes or so and bringing home a seriously vexed girl that took the only bed in this flat for herself last night. :lol:

The match was enjoyable, though. Any basic analysis of the match would lead you to think that Iran would sit deep and Morocco would struggle to break them down on the front foot, and this is exactly what transpired, though I was disappointed in how poorly Renard's side played. Still, it was a very fun atmosphere (seemingly better than came across on television) other than the old man constantly blowing his horn directly in my ear for 50 minutes and the Iranians were going completely mental from the time of the Bouhaddouz own goal until early in the morning. We had fun with them.

For all the problems in construction and rubles wasted, St. Petersburg stadium is a beautful place for a football match. Every seat is a good view and it holds sound well.  Generally, Russians seem very excited for Cup, tbh. Everyone seems far nicer than when I am usually in the country and many people are stopping to welcome us to Russia or even asking for thoroughly unwanted photos.

It wouldn't stun me at all if Queiroz and co. can steal a 0-0 against Portugal or Spain, btw. They are such a well-drilled team and there will be nowhere near as much space on the pitch as those sides had last night. I can see Portugal struggling to break them down if Ronaldo has to drop deeper to get the ball. That may be all they need to get through, now as well. The group is still wide open.

My wife and I were running late to the Morocco-Iran match yesterday, so we just called a taxi to drop us off at the "football stadium". Unfortunately, this guy managed to take us to the Petrovsky stadium (The previous Zenit stadium, which is currently decrepit and has no tenant, rather than the billion-dollar structure hosting a World Cup match within the hour).

Love that :lol: