Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia - BRA & SWI advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And to think Iceland got a penalty after VAR consultation that was never ever one  :idiot2:

Iceland was definitely a pen today

Not for me. A mistimed shielding of the ball. Soft as owt and that's before you get into the comparison with this howler just here.

The VAR looks at everything. How he decides not to refer that back to the ref is anyone’s guess.

Really? Whoever took that decision is not fit for purpose, quite simply.

They might have told the ref, it's up to him if he reviews it or not for some reason

First time so far this WC I’ve been genuinely angry at VAR. Not because VAR is bad, but because how the f*** isn’t it used for something like that when you have VAR.

Given how many blatant holding pens they haven’t given they must be under instruction not to give them on VAR.

Has to be something like that. Don’t understand why though, and they should be more open anout what they don’t use VAR for if so.

And to think Iceland got a penalty after VAR consultation that was never ever one  :idiot2:

Not for me. A mistimed shielding of the ball. Soft as owt and that's before you get into the comparison with this howler just here.

Guy kicked the Icelandic player straight in the leg. 100% penalty :lol:

I didn't think it was a kick and it certainly didn't look intentional. You give a pen for things like that you may as well give five each way every game. The issue is it's now apparently up to whoever looks at monitors to decide the outcome of games at the highest level, it's completely ridiculous.

I know people say this stuff all the time, but I can't remember a more blatant penalty go unpunished.

Honestly one of the clearest, if not the clearest penalty this WC. Two men wrestling a guy down. A blind guy could call that.

I didn't think it was a kick and it certainly didn't look intentional. You give a pen for things like that you may as well give five each way every game. The issue is it's now apparently up to whoever looks at monitors to decide the outcome of games at the highest level, it's completely ridiculous.

They are actual refs, though. They’re not random TV viewers or pundits :lol:

Has to be an ego thing with the ref there.

Aye, think some of them refuse to have their decisions challenged. Needs sorting somehow if VAR is going to work properly.

I love VAR and hate VAR so much. Confused.

It's fucking shite. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that shit about how it will get better either.

Has anybody actually checked who does it? May as well be a panel of baboons from the decisions they've come up with at times

Has anybody actually checked who does it? May as well be a panel of baboons from the decisions they've come up with at times

They are announced straight after the on field refs with a picture of them in the «bus». Haven’t googled their names, but according to commentators they’re normal refs from various leagues specifically trained to do VAR.

Guest neesy111

It's f***ing s****. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that s*** about how it will get better either.

It's nowhere near miles worse, more right decisions are being made.

It's fucking shite. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that shit about how it will get better either.

Agreed. It's bad enough a referee making a mistake in the heat of the moment without the benefit of replays from 20 different angles, but this is ten times worse. I understand there will always be contentious decisions that could go either way, but not something like this. Simply unacceptable.

Agreed. It's bad enough a referee making a mistake in the heat of the moment without the benefit of replays from 20 different angles, but this is ten times worse. I understand there will always be contentious decisions that could go either way, but not something like this. Simply unacceptable.

There’s been around two-three contentious decisions so far this WC. That’s almost infinitely better than usual. However, I agree the errors are much more unforgivable than usual due to the nature of VAR.

7th player that plays for us to score in the World Cup

Without googling or checking nufc.com try and guess the others

What’s the answer

7th player that plays for us to score in the World Cup

Without googling or checking nufc.com try and guess the others

George Robledo, Ivor Broadis, Peter Beardsley, Alan Shearer, Craig Moore, Moussa Sissoko aaaand?

They are announced straight after the on field refs with a picture of them in the «bus». Haven’t googled their names, but according to commentators they’re normal refs from various leagues specifically trained to do VAR.

http://www.solentnews.co.uk/images/portfolio/animals/animals2.jpg