Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia - BRA & SWI advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And to think Iceland got a penalty after VAR consultation that was never ever one  :idiot2:

Iceland was definitely a pen today

Not for me. A mistimed shielding of the ball. Soft as owt and that's before you get into the comparison with this howler just here.

Guy kicked the Icelandic player straight in the leg. 100% penalty :lol:

I didn't think it was a kick and it certainly didn't look intentional. You give a pen for things like that you may as well give five each way every game. The issue is it's now apparently up to whoever looks at monitors to decide the outcome of games at the highest level, it's completely ridiculous.

They are actual refs, though. They’re not random TV viewers or pundits :lol:

Has anybody actually checked who does it? May as well be a panel of baboons from the decisions they've come up with at times

They are announced straight after the on field refs with a picture of them in the «bus». Haven’t googled their names, but according to commentators they’re normal refs from various leagues specifically trained to do VAR.

"head" VAR ref in this game is Felix Zwayer. He's refereed/referees in the Champions League, Europa League, Bundesliga and DFB Pokal amongst others

If you knew nothing about football and just watched the World Cup after hearing there was this amazing short left-footed world beater on show you'd think it was Shaqiri they were on about. :lol:

Horrible that this can happen when the VAR is available. The on field ref needs sacking and banned from the sport.

Switzerland enjoying the advantage of VAR not being used, hmm...where have I seen that before?

Guest firetotheworks

Horrible that this can happen when the VAR is available. The on field ref needs sacking and banned from the sport.

Switzerland enjoying the advantage of VAR not being used, hmm...where have I seen that before?

Certainly not Vs Brazil

I love VAR and hate VAR so much. Confused.

It's fucking shite. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that shit about how it will get better either.

How is it miles worse 😂😂😂🤣 the correct decisions are now more often being made

Guest neesy111

Didn’t know there was a large outdoor screen near centre for life, just got here now ffs

Watched the Brazil match there.  Try the chicken gyros from the simply Greek stand, lovely.

I love VAR and hate VAR so much. Confused.

It's f***ing s****. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that s*** about how it will get better either.

How is it miles worse 😂😂😂🤣 the correct decisions are now more often being made

No errors or talking points from this game then? Okay.

Guest firetotheworks

That ref needs to watch his letterbox like. Not even Serbian and that non-penalty decision has proper pissed me off.