Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia - BRA & SWI advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love VAR and hate VAR so much. Confused.

It's f***ing s****. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that s*** about how it will get better either.

How is it miles worse 😂😂😂🤣 the correct decisions are now more often being made

No errors or talking points from this game then? Okay.

Well obviously there was errors here and in the england game and it never will eradicate all errors but overall more correct decisions are being made. If we were playing brazil today and that Neymar pen was given there would have been uproar.

It's fucking shite. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that shit about how it will get better either.

Agreed. It's bad enough a referee making a mistake in the heat of the moment without the benefit of replays from 20 different angles, but this is ten times worse. I understand there will always be contentious decisions that could go either way, but not something like this. Simply unacceptable.

There’s been around two-three contentious decisions so far this WC. That’s almost infinitely better than usual. However, I agree the errors are much more unforgivable than usual due to the nature of VAR.

If we're going down a route of video refs then they have to get everything right.

If that happens in a premier league game resulting in 'Serbia' going down then there are all sorts of legal challenges to look forward to.

We either accept human error as part of the game or use video technology to get all decisions right

Didn’t know there was a large outdoor screen near centre for life, just got here now ffs

Watched the Brazil match there.  Try the chicken gyros from the simply Greek stand, lovely.

Gyros? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It's f***ing s****. Its fans moaned about people not wanting to remove the talking points and human error from officiating decisions (like robotic perfection is somehow desirable) and yet this is miles worse. Don't give me that s*** about how it will get better either.

How is it miles worse [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤣 the correct decisions are now more often being made

Well obviously there was errors here and in the england game and it never will eradicate all errors but overall more correct decisions are being made. If we were playing brazil today and that Neymar pen was given there would have been uproar.

Probably not the time to be singing the praises of VAR after that shit show tbf.

How is it miles worse [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤣 the correct decisions are now more often being made

Probably not the time to be singing the praises of VAR after that shit show tbf.

I’m not singing the praises but it’s better having the option there than not

Guest firetotheworks

I’m not singing the praises but it’s better having the option there than not

I used to agree, but in practice I mostly hate it tbh. It's one of those things where I feel like if it's not perfect it's pointless. It takes too much away from the game as a spectacle for me and refs aren't making decisions.

According to the studio over here the reason it didn’t go to VAR was that the on-field ref blew a free kick against Mitro. Still confused, as VAR surely can overturn that?

If they can’t, VAR should get that power, IMO.

According to the studio over here the reason it didn’t go to VAR was that the on-field ref blew a free kick against Mitro. Still confused, as VAR surely can overturn that?

Assume play is dead after the ref gives the foul against Mitro so what happens after is irrelevant(?). VAR can't overrule that decision

So basically the on field ref fucked it by thinking Mitro was the one doing the fouling

Assume play is dead after the ref gives the foul against Mitro so what happens after is irrelevant(?). VAR can't overrule that decision

So basically the on field ref fucked it by thinking Mitro was the one doing the fouling

Why not?

Why not?

What they gonna do? Restart with a drop ball on the 6 yard line? VAR is for reversing match changing situations, not free kicks

What do you mean by the play was dead?

The ball was crossed over and the penalty incident happened but the referee wrongly gave a free kick the other way. The play wasn't dead when Mitrovic was pulled over

What do you mean by the play was dead?

The ball was crossed over and the penalty incident happened but the referee wrongly gave a free kick the other way. The play wasn't dead when Mitrovic was pulled over

Fair enough if it was all the same action (I havent seen it back since the game), I thought they came together then hauled him down afterwards and the ref will have blown at the first contact.  Fuck knas if it was all at the same time, maybe cause it was a free kick and VAR can't change free kicks?