Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

[emoji38] Swear to God I just turned it off and they score.

Why do you keep turning your telly on and off at all, you spud? It's the World Cup man.

:lol: Thought it was over. Will watch every second of the late game. Enjoy the shitfest.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] Swear to God I just turned it off and they score.

Why do you keep turning your telly on and off at all, you spud? It's the World Cup man.

[emoji38] Thought it was over. Will watch every second of the late game. Enjoy the shitfest.

I don't think it'll need your help like. It's going to be rank.

An era ends for Messi.

Breakout game from Mbappe. Biggest moments in his career so far.

No.

Name me a bigger moment in his career then. What else has he done in big matches?

Breakout means a suddenly becoming popular or successful. He's been successful, we know who he is, playing at the highest level. Second most expensive player in the world.

Biggest moment if his career? Yes, I agree.

Breakout game? No.

Guest firetotheworks

An era ends for Messi.

No.

Name me a bigger moment in his career then. What else has he done in big matches?

Breakout means a suddenly becoming popular or successful. He's been successful, we know who he is, playing at the highest level. Second most expensive player in the world.

Breakout game? No.

Players are often bought on potential now, and Mbappe was, so I think what Pip's on about is fair. Breakout, next level whichever way you want to phrase it.

An era ends for Messi.

No.

Breakout game? No.

This is his breakout game because he’s been all about potential so far. His price tag was for his potential. He hasn’t done anything in big moments before this.

This game was his breakout game because he’s converted that potential into actual results and it’s happened at a high level in a big moment.

An all-time classic, man. Can't get over how great that was.

Gutted for Messi because he's surrounded by absolute shite and has to bow out of World Cups playing alongside Fazio, Rojo, Meza, Perez and this version of Mascherano. Their defence basically doesn't exist, so I always felt France would win. It wasn't the making of a new star because Mbappe already is a star, arguably already one of the world's best 5 players.

But to do this at 19 is phenomenal. If he stays away from injury, he's the one.