Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

An era ends for Messi.

Breakout game from Mbappe. Biggest moments in his career so far.

No.

Name me a bigger moment in his career then. What else has he done in big matches?

Breakout means a suddenly becoming popular or successful. He's been successful, we know who he is, playing at the highest level. Second most expensive player in the world.

Biggest moment if his career? Yes, I agree.

Breakout game? No.

This is his breakout game because he’s been all about potential so far. His price tag was for his potential. He hasn’t done anything in big moments before this.

This game was his breakout game because he’s converted that potential into actual results and it’s happened at a high level in a big moment.

Are u crazy??

He scored every round of the champions league as an 18 year old!!

Which is arguably a higher level than this game today

I was laughing when the clearly clueless commentators were saying it was a breakout game didn’t expect it on here

Guest firetotheworks

I kind of feel bad when players like Mascherano get loads of shit after such a great career. He should have been either at centre back or on the bench but Argentina are so rubbish that his place is almost justified because he gives a shit, whereas others don't seem to. With that in mind it's kind of sad that he's getting the criticism, but yeah he's obviously finished now.

I don't know who's coming up the pipeline from Argie youth football, but now's a good a time as ever to wipe the slate clean. With the exception of maybe Otamendi, I wouldn't keep a single one of those defenders around going forward. Dump Perez, Meza, Biglia, Banega, Salvio, and Di Maria. Build around the likes of Dybala, Icardi, Pavon, Lo Celso, Lautaro.

I don't know who's coming up the pipeline from Argie youth football, but now's a good a time as ever to wipe the slate clean. With the exception of maybe Otamendi, I wouldn't keep a single one of those defenders around going forward. Dump Perez, Meza, Biglia, Banega, Salvio, and Di Maria. Build around the likes of Dybala, Icardi, Pavon, Lo Celso, Lautaro.

Tagliafico & Banega (getting on) have been decent like. Icardi, Dybala & Pavon sounds good going forward though. Messi could obviously still be on the scene & effective in 4 years if he stays fit.

Tagliafico & Banega (getting on) have been decent like. Icardi, Dybala & Pavon sounds good going forward though. Messi could obviously still be on the scene & effective in 4 years if he stays fit.

Even if Messi's legs and agility go he could easily perform the Riquelme role at 34/35. Hope he doesn't retire because he has another WC in him if he wants it.