Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

England just need to play it 1 game at a time.  Something which I think southgate will be good at.

If Gaz is currently storming round the resort topless, waistcoat waving around his head, with Vindaloo and 3 Lions on repeat he needs sacking.

[emoji38] fyp

Needs a 5 year contract extension more like.

[emoji38] :thup:

Fuck Russia like. Spain didn't do enough, but Russia are just another rank team that sit back and pray.

I thought Russia played quite good football against the sides that let them, tbh. Some of their play against what was thought to be a decent Egypt side was impressive. Spain is just much, much better and they tired massively in the second half. It was just a matter of hanging on at that point.

:lol: Man, all we had to do was qualify. God damn it all.

Didn’t you lose to fucking us in a friendly a few weeks ago? :lol:

:lol: I dunno. Sounds plausible. We're fucking shit.

It was the big send-off for one of our greats, the incomparable John O’Shea. That’s the type of team you’re losing to. :lol:

:lol: Again, we're fucking dogshit. I know this, alright? Still though, we would have walked the group and be perfectly poised to bring the WC home.

http://otbva.com/forum/images/smilies2/th_larrydavidehhh.png

http://www.otbva.com/forum/core/images/smilies2/th_chadjohnson.png

Happy to see Spain out just so the biggest cunt and cheat in football goes home.

He even tried to put off Cherychev as he took a pen, little twat.

You wanted the cheat Sergio Ramos to go home, you'd rather have sweet old doping Russia in the World Cup. Is that ironic or not?

Spain were rubbish, but they should be in the quarters if the officials had done their job. The penalty review which was turned down was a joke, I don't see the point in having VAR if you can look past two clear and obvious fouls when they are right there in black and white. Defenders grabbing players and shirts has been a massive problem and I really thought VAR would see an end to it, but apparently  not.

Guest firetotheworks

Fuck Russia like. Spain didn't do enough, but Russia are just another rank team that sit back and pray.

Scored more goals in this World Cup already than shitty Spain did in 2010.

Because rank teams like Russia sat back against them for the full tournament. Still won the whole thing as well.

f*** Russia like. Spain didn't do enough, but Russia are just another rank team that sit back and pray.

Because rank teams like Russia sat back against them for the full tournament. Still won the whole thing as well.

And also kicked them to pieces

[emoji38] Man, all we had to do was qualify. God damn it all.

Didn’t you lose to fucking us in a friendly a few weeks ago? [emoji38]

[emoji38] I dunno. Sounds plausible. We're fucking shit.

It was the big send-off for one of our greats, the incomparable John O’Shea. That’s the type of team you’re losing to. [emoji38]

[emoji38] Again, we're fucking dogshit. I know this, alright? Still though, we would have walked the group and be perfectly poised to bring the WC home.

At the very least Trump would have gotten a lifetime's worth of golden showers.

It was the big send-off for one of our greats, the incomparable John O’Shea. That’s the type of team you’re losing to. [emoji38]

[emoji38] Again, we're fucking dogshit. I know this, alright? Still though, we would have walked the group and be perfectly poised to bring the WC home.

Ah FFS can you even imagine how many pisstapes we'd have by now man. We'd be sick of them.

They won it through anti-football.

Alonso and Busquets in the middle, Xavi and Iniesta wide. Monopolising the ball for 90 minutes, playing at walking pace, no width or directness and grinding out 1-0s. Easily the most boring successful side of my lifetime, just ahead of Greece 2004.

Ah FFS can you even imagine how many pisstapes we'd have by now man. We'd be sick of them.

Drowning in them.

Guest neesy111

Do teams in Group H of WC's get an advantage of knowing what both sides of the draw look like before their last game?

Drowning in them.

:lol:

Alonso and Busquets in the middle, Xavi and Iniesta wide. Monopolising the ball for 90 minutes, playing at walking pace, no width or directness and grinding out 1-0s. Easily the most boring successful side of my lifetime, just ahead of Greece 2004.

Imagine accusing Spain of playing 'anti-football' after just watching them spend 120 minutes trying to break down a team with no interest in actually playing football. Not the first time either. Spain are the very opposite to that imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Whatever you say

Guest neesy111

Imagine accusing Spain of playing 'anti-football' after just watching them spend 120 minutes trying to break down a team with no interest in actually playing football. Not the first time either. Spain are the very opposite to that imo.

It's just what your view of what constitutes good football is.  Lots of people find spain very very boring to watch, just like Barcelona.

I personally prefer fast direct football (Klopp at Liverpool and Dortmund) compared to what Spain play.

Why is it seen as standard to think possession football = good football by default? It's inherently negative if you do it in the way Spain do, with no intention to play with real vigor or allow natural transitions in a game. It's absolutely no better than the way Russia set up, especially when you consider the ridiculous talent pool Spain have.

You can be fair and say it's certainly been very successful for them after years of failure, but good to watch? Inherently good football? Not for me. It's attritional murder by a thousand paper cuts.

So other teams not bothering to press them is Spain's fault?

There's a huge difference between Barca 2008-2012 and the Spain team of the same time.

One of them has Messi for a start, but generally always played a front 3 and a balanced midfield, with lots of runners and moving the ball at pace.

Spain just packed their midfield and played width-less, paceless dirge.

Like Rafa did against Man City at home you mean? It was the correct tactic and it paid off.

(We were better than Russia like :) )