Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Yeah, I mean Croatia were in Nigeria's group and I saw every one of their games.

They're decent, but I certainly don't think they're to be feared.

Even against us in that first game they didn't really do too much to scare us.

Ended up beating us via a horrific own goal and a penalty, which was horrific defending from a set piece.

Seemed like a perfectly reasonable post to me. In what way does that show an unbelievable mentality?

These accusations of arrogance seem to be a weird quirk of international football.

Ironic too considering it's that kind of "we can beat anyone" arrogance that has seen Sixx's country massively overachieve :lol:

Remember when Leicester arrogantly won the Premiership?

Croatia were wank there like. We're supposed to be terrified of them though. No wait, thinking about playing them is pure arrogance. Colombia, Colombia, COLUMBIA

Who's been saying it's arrogant? [emoji38]

^

Still not sure why people rate Croatia so highly if I'm honest, they have an excellent midfield but the rest of the team is bang average.

The game against Argentina made them look better than they are, now Spain are gone there's nobody on this half of the draw who should be considered favourites over the rest.

We are going to lose tomorrow aren’t we? Fucking bullshit :lol: This World Cup is way too weird. Neymar better show up or i’ll join the forum bandwagon on hating him.

Still not sure why people rate Croatia so highly if I'm honest, they have an excellent midfield but the rest of the team is bang average.

The game against Argentina made them look better than they are, now Spain are gone there's nobody on this half of the draw who should be considered favourites over the rest.

Up front theyre good as well. Played horribly today, but its clearöy a good team who on a good day could beat just about anyone.

Seemed like a perfectly reasonable post to me. In what way does that show an unbelievable mentality?

These accusations of arrogance seem to be a weird quirk of international football.

Ironic too considering it's that kind of "we can beat anyone" arrogance that has seen Sixx's country massively overachieve :lol:

Remember when Leicester arrogantly won the Premiership?

I'd say Croatia and England are probably of fairly similar standard, if we played each other several times, we'd win some, they'd win some, they've got a couple of world class players, so have we, well certainly one at least. FWIW, they've got a FIFA ranking of 20 (England's is 12) and they needed a play off to qualify having finished behind Iceland.

Imagine Newcastle drawing a team of similar level in a cup competition, someone on here saying "I don't think we've got anything to fear from Bournemouth/Palace/Watford" and a fan of another club coming on and saying what incredible arrogance that showed. It's so weird.

Historically we have beaten Croatia but they do beat us from time to time.

That’s about has far as it goes, capable of winning and capable of losing.

I only see us as underdogs to Brazil, France and Uruguay. Playing against any other team I see us as being able to compete on our own terms.

Croatia can play can some skilful football, but they completely ran out of steam after the first half.

I think I'm right in saying we're a much younger side, and should be able to outlast them, should it come to that.

Double header of penalty drama. Love it.

Spain needed to do more IMO, just knocking it around without enough chances being created.

Croatia/Demark was great for the first 4 mins  :lol:

Only 5 minutes I've missed of this round of fixtures so far, typical. :lol:

Double header of penalty drama. Love it.

Spain needed to do more IMO, just knocking it around without enough chances being created.

Croatia/Demark was great for the first 4 mins  :lol:

Only 5 minutes I've missed of this round of fixtures so far, typical. :lol:

Game was great at start, boring in the middle, great at the end  :lol:

Historically we have beaten Croatia but they do beat us from time to time.

That’s about has far as it goes, capable of winning and capable of losing.

I only see us as underdogs to Brazil, France and Uruguay. Playing against any other team I see us as being able to compete on our own terms.

I would add Belgium to that list, I think they are just slightly ahead of England due to having a player like Hazard.