Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Guest firetotheworks

Pathetic pens from both sides.

Only that one Danish dude had an actual good penalty kick. I hate how nobody seems able to take pens anymore.

Harry Kane *touches wood*

Harsh on Denmark, such an awful way to go out man.

Still, couldn’t be dealing with Modric going out like that.

This World Cup is class tbf, football today was poor but great drama.

Disagree, Croatia were denied a certain goal in ET due to that foul.

Yeah, not saying they were robbed or anything. Just that they played well in a game most people expected them to lose. Came so close.

They were the better team by miles.

In two shootouts only one player (Kjaer, comfortably the best pen) just ran up and penked it.

I feel like players are wary of blasting it into the crowd and embarrassing themselves, tbh. Strategy just seems to be ensuring it is on target and hoping the keeper goes the wrong direction.

That Zaza miss!

Guest neesy111

Can't see Croatia playing that poorly again tbh.

I like the look of quite a few Danish players, talent in their side.

In two shootouts only one player (Kjaer, comfortably the best pen) just ran up and penked it.

I feel like players are wary of blasting it into the crowd and embarrassing themselves, tbh. Strategy just seems to be ensuring it is on target and hoping the keeper goes the wrong direction.

True but then fallout for zaza was the worst ever. It’s not that hard to power and not balloon albeit pressure is an obvious issue. Like you say I guess if you say you hit the target you can console yourself that you got it on target if you miss.

Harsh on Denmark, such an awful way to go out man.

Still, couldn’t be dealing with Modric going out like that.

This World Cup is class tbf, football today was poor but great drama.

Disagree, Croatia were denied a certain goal in ET due to that foul.

Yeah, not saying they were robbed or anything. Just that they played well in a game most people expected them to lose. Came so close.

They were probably the better team on the night yeah.

That pen /red card rule is s***, denied a guaranteed goal and he only gets booked

It's funny, I used to think this rule was a very good change, but terrible application today. Supposed to only apply to legit attempts to get the ball, not professional fouls I thought.

The bloke was about an inch away from a perfect tackle.

Which is about 7.5 inches then

Imagine spending over 120 minutes with Martin O'Neill.

He’s supposed to be an ansolute weirdo and a total freak at the best of times.

Need to get him and Mapou together.

Guest chopey

Imagine spending over 120 minutes with Martin O'Neill.

He’s supposed to be an ansolute weirdo and a total freak at the best of times.

Does he spend his spare time researching gruesome murders ? or have I just made that up.

Only that one Danish dude had an actual good penalty kick. I hate how nobody seems able to take pens anymore.

It’s baffling to me that top class players can’t tuck a penalty into the top corner nearly every time. Not like right in the corner but it doesn’t have to be to be nearly unsavable. I can manage it with like 50% of my penalties and I’m not up to much.

It’s baffling to me that top class players can’t tuck a penalty into the top corner nearly every time. Not like right in the corner but it doesn’t have to be to be nearly unsavable. I can manage it with like 50% of my penalties and I’m not up to much.

Yup, professionals can't hit it into a metre by metre square in the top corner? Nahhh. Does not compute.

Yup, professionals can't hit it into a metre by metre square in the top corner? Nahhh. Does not compute.

I'm talking more about just LIFTING it instead of gambling that the keeper isn't going the way of your shot, slowly pushing it right at keeper height/reach.

We've certainly got nowt to fear from Croatia if we do meet them on that showing, if we can get past who we play.

This is why you never go far, this is why you lose to Iceland and this will probably be the reason for you lot losing against Colombia on Tuesday. Unbelievable mentality :lol:

Nowt to fear against Croatia, Jesus wept.

Seemed like a perfectly reasonable post to me. In what way does that show an unbelievable mentality?

These accusations of arrogance seem to be a weird quirk of international football.