Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Guest neesy111

I've got friends saying Japan did the right thing at the end and weren't naive.  I'm I missing something here?  They should had taken extra time and regroup.

Guest firetotheworks

I've got friends saying Japan did the right thing at the end and weren't naive.  I'm I missing something here?  They should had taken extra time and regroup.

Tell your friends that Kid Icarus on the internet says they're talking shite.

Guest neesy111

It was absolutely mental :lol:

Yeah, surely you keep the ball in the corner and not cross it straight to the Belgian GK.

I thought Japan were second best in all three of their group games, tbh, and were rescued by moments of insanity from Sanchez and Ospina in the first match. Stunning to see them perform like that in the second half. Well done.

Belgium are one of the only teams in international football with such a powerful plan B. Fellaini and Lukaku together are incredibly dominant in the air especially against int'l sides that are not used to this style of play. Obviously, they will need to perform much better from the start against Brazil, but the second half aerial bombardment is a threat to every team left in the tournament.

What a great game. Why did Shearer only seem to praise Japan for being hardworking and having a great attitude? Their football was superb.

Belgium basically turned it around by getting the big lads on and getting it in the mixer.