Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He's mediocre in such an annoying way to watch.

Great energy and movement of the ball, gets into some great positions as result.

He's just fucking useless with the ball at his feet though and I can't wait until I don't have to watch him anymore.

There was a decent bit of contact on the penalty shout but you could almost see the moment he thought to himself there was contact and he should fling himself to the ground.

It's impressive that he consistently manages to make the wrong decision. Every time. Whether it's when to pass, when to dribble, when to dive, timing his tackle.

Let's be fair. He's just not very good.

Getting worse, this carrying an injury shit needs to stop. He’s just a technically poor player with no pace and a league 1 football brain. Needs to be nowhere this team next season.

If he’s injured. Don’t care. His performances are barely much better when he’s fit. Just a meat and potato footballer. No technical ability whatsoever. Couldn’t even pull off a drag back without falling over. Not having him sat on the bench this season while Tonali plays has been the biggest kick in the balls to our season. Cannot be starting next season if he’s even still here. To chuck yourself on the floor, which he’s done a few times before in that position, instead of shooting, is cowardly.

Edited by Joelinton7

If injured then why the fuck is he playing? I’d rather have a cone in there. I even think Hall would do better than a cone in midfield so play him. 

the falling over and then throwing the arms up is getting tedious.

howay sean, man.

desperate for him to do well but feels like hasnt got the mentality.

he was a very good player for us last season 

that fucking injury at Goodison last season has robbed us of the real Longstaff this season 

can't wait for Tonali to come back so he can get a break 

He makes me so fucking angry when he yet again attempts the same dying swan thing that has never. ever. worked. Players dive, he's no different, but he can't sell them to save his life, so he should know by now he needs to try something else.

A dive when he could have squared it, then losing possession for their second goal. He's not at all the reason we lost, but he's a serious weak link.

Then when he's on the ball, he dawdles, slows things down and upsets the flow. I really like the lad, but even amongst other limited players he's stuck out like a sore thumb for ages.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Ikon said:

If injured then why the fuck is he playing? I’d rather have a cone in there. I even think Hall would do better than a cone in midfield so play him. 

I don't see how being injured makes you take three touches to control the ball when one would do for a quality player.

He's been a great servant for us, but he wouldn't get anywhere near a CL side if he was anywhere else.

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

he was a very good player for us last season 

that fucking injury at Goodison last season has robbed us of the real Longstaff this season 

can't wait for Tonali to come back so he can get a break 

The real Longstaff. Have a word. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I really like the lad, but even amongst other limited players he's stuck out like a sore thumb for ages.

Basically this, the lad is a lower midtable prem player on his best day. He is the epitome of the bland and boring but "works hard" category English player.

Didn't think it was a penalty in a million years, the amount of time it took him to go down tells you all you need to know.

Edited by Amir_9