Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm not totally convinced by the "playing through injury" excuse like. Obviously it might limit his work rate, but I'm not sure that it restricts his capability to pass the ball 10 yards, stay on his feet under pressure, or react at the speed of other players. I think he's a big confidence player, and when he isn't confident he hides off the ball and struggles on it, which is what we're seeing at the moment. 

What do you think the reason is that Eddie will bring off Anderson over either an injured, or an out of form Longstaff?

3 hours ago, worthy said:

Ill rather fucking have Hayden playing every game, even if Hayden is injured. Longstaff is close to useless.

The same Isaac Hayden who's not good enough for Standard Liege and currently being kept out of the QPR team by Jack Colback.

We need to upgrade on Longstaff (we basically already did) but some of the shit spouted on here is embarrassing tbh.

Anyone else see him turn round and stare towards the gallowgate after about the 10th time of people moaning and groaning at him

He was raging.

Whether people rate him or not that shows that the shit he gets is getting to him

Not on really

Burn got the same a few games in a row. In particular Luton

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Anyone else see him turn round and stare towards the gallowgate after about the 10th time of people moaning and groaning at him

He was raging.

Whether people rate him or not that shows that the shit he gets is getting to him

Not on really

Yep. Was after he didn’t get his head up and played a backwards pass instead of a forward one.

He didn’t have a great game but wasn’t awful. The level of abuse he (and Burn got) is very poor but indicative of large numbers of our thick entitled fanbase.

18 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's garbage and has been most of the season.

If he's starting games regularly for us next season...fucking hell.

I don't disagree entirely with you, ideally he's a squad player and he is needed for our homegrown quota BUT I'm fairly sure he will be starting at least the first 2/3 games of next season. Tonali won't be back from his ban, Big Joe and Little Joe may not quite be up to speed and Bruno may well have been sold. All ifs and buts ofcourse. I've mentally prepared myself to see him start more often than not next season.

2 hours ago, jack j said:

He was raging.

Not on really

Aye, think he said something too. Don't blame him one bit.

Remember Scott parker doing something similar? Think he told some miserable bloke in the east stand to fuck off if I remember correctly [emoji38] was topic of the week on the 3 legends phone in 

I dont want to spend a huge amount of energy defending him as he has been poor, but he has also been better than he has been showing recently. I still think we need to sign a proper defensive mid in summer so we have 4 excellent options between bruno joelinton tonali and new dm, and then backup of willock and longstaff (though i think if money came for willock sell. He can play better than he has been though. 

21 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I dont want to spend a huge amount of energy defending him as he has been poor, but he has also been better than he has been showing recently. I still think we need to sign a proper defensive mid in summer so we have 4 excellent options between bruno joelinton tonali and new dm, and then backup of willock and longstaff (though i think if money came for willock sell. He can play better than he has been though. 

Definitely this, but I’d be selling Wilock and have Anderson take his place. Someone like Joao Palhinha from Fulham would be great. Remember, Bruno can play the no8 role easily aswell. That’d be four quality centre mids, with Anderson and Longstaff as back up - the latter can perhaps shine more when there’s less pressure and not starting every game.

32 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Aye, think he said something too. Don't blame him one bit.

Remember Scott parker doing something similar? Think he told some miserable bloke in the east stand to fuck off if I remember correctly [emoji38] was topic of the week on the 3 legends phone in 

Good on him.

8 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Definitely this, but I’d be selling Wilock and have Anderson take his place. Someone like Joao Palhinha from Fulham would be great. Remember, Bruno can play the no8 role easily aswell. That’d be four quality centre mids, with Anderson and Longstaff as back up - the latter can perhaps shine more when there’s less pressure and not starting every game.

He’s the last thing we need. Another midfielder with no legs. Good player but not for us.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I don't disagree entirely with you, ideally he's a squad player and he is needed for our homegrown quota BUT I'm fairly sure he will be starting at least the first 2/3 games of next season. Tonali won't be back from his ban, Big Joe and Little Joe may not quite be up to speed and Bruno may well have been sold. All ifs and buts ofcourse. I've mentally prepared myself to see him start more often than not next season.

Aye, maybe. But it can't be more than that. He just isn't good enough.

Agree with others that directed abuse towards him solely inside the ground isn't on, mind. Like it was yesterday. 

He has been much better than he is playing now. Whatever this injury is plus low confidence and now we are seeing him at his worst. Hopefully he can get the injury sorted and return to the decent player he has proven to be in years past.

Can't really bash a player while he's playing with an injury. We have no idea how the pain/discomfort feels while he's playing. He was a big part of our success last season and quietly went about his business under the radar at times.

He's not elite of course but he's no Jack Colback either.

If he is injured it'll effect his game big time with fitness balance and mentally worrying he'll take another knock on it, that's why he falls over all the time now I cannot remember him doing that as much in the past. 

On 27/04/2024 at 18:02, arnonel said:

Hayden > Longstaff 

If you compare the best version of Hayden to the worst version of Longstaff then sure.

If you mean Hayden would have done a better job for us this seaon than Longstaff has you should just quit having an opinion on anything, ever. :lol:

Longstaff is such an odd player. I really can't understand how he can no longer pass a ball at all anymore. Or is he just doing more now and we notice it more?

I’m his biggest hater right now but at the end of last season we were desperate for him to return. Once he’s recovered from

this ‘injury’ and regained his confidence he’ll be a valuable squad player. 

13 minutes ago, TRC said:

Longstaff is such an odd player. I really can't understand how he can no longer pass a ball at all anymore. Or is he just doing more now and we notice it more?

Because half the stadium fucking groans at him if he does the slightest thing wrong.

2 minutes ago, DubblyDubblyDubbly said:

He's having a really poor spell but the BBC player ratings are laughable. 3/4's when the rest are all 6/7+. He's a proper scapegoat atm. 

I'm not so sure like, most games he does almost nothing to contribute and sometimes actively helps the opposition. 

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

He’s the last thing we need. Another midfielder with no legs. Good player but not for us.

Fair play maybe not him but someone who can play no6 and has class on the ball.

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm not so sure like, most games he does almost nothing to contribute and sometimes actively helps the opposition. 

Playing him is like the opponent having 12 players.

Longstaff lacks one thing no manager will ever be able to coach into him. Aggression.

Same thing applies to Jacob Murphy.

I'd love to see both of their duelling stats.