Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Will be good to ease Shelvey back in over the next week or so. Willock look good off the bench, likely his best place. 

Joelinton was off the pace just as much as Longstaff today imo although the latter looked much worse in the last 20 and with Bruno off the park.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Will be good to ease Shelvey back in over the next week or so. Willock look good off the bench, likely his best place. 

Joelinton was off the pace just as much as Longstaff today imo although the latter looked much worse in the last 20 and with Bruno off the park.

Joelinton looked like he hasn't played for a while. Don't think he's been that great all season tbh.

It’s just painful to watch dawdling on the ball that results in it being nicked off him. I didn’t get to see all the match as my river was very shallow at times but of what I saw he was ok. I just don’t think there’s anywhere near enough quality there for him to be starting for us if we want to finish top 7

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Joelinton looked like he hasn't played for a while. Don't think he's been that great all season tbh.

Joelinton’s role this season has changed with us playing higher up the pitch and his limitations on the ball, especially under pressure / on the turn, have been massively exposed, basically. 

Squad player at best. The type of player you use in a rotation system in easy FA cup games at home - not the type of player you use in central midfield at Old Trafford.

Also again why does he always look gassed after 65 minutes? Man should be in his prime right now.

He had a much better game today to be fair to him, he plays better further up the field, but still gets caught out too often because of him taking too much time on the ball.

It must be high priority for Asworth to get a good DM in in the near future, somebody who can also pass a ball as well they break up counters.

1 hour ago, buzza said:

He had a much better game today to be fair to him, he plays better further up the field, but still gets caught out too often because of him taking too much time on the ball.

It must be high priority for Asworth to get a good DM in in the near future, somebody who can also pass a ball as well they break up counters.

snag caciedo from Brighton. 

Guest reefatoon

Thought he was really poor yesterday. His distribution was woeful. Kept giving it away under no pressure. Simple passes too.

Love the lad as a personality but he was an obvious weak link last night along with Murphy. His work off the ball is generally good but he has lapses in concentration & is prone to getting done. However, his need for the extra second on the ball a lot of the time is what really kills him - often slows down attacks or leads to losing possession. 

I like that he doesn’t hide. He still tries the more aggressive, incisive forward passes and he is usually quality off the ball. 

For too often, we have had midfielders who don’t put the graft in or they hide and never want the ball. When you look at the state of some of our CM’s over the years.  Sometimes, both of those apply! 

But just to echo everyone else in here. He often gets caught in possession, always takes a bit too long to process what he’s doing next or has an extra touch. Plus his passing has been really erratic at times this season and it was terrible last night. 

23 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I like that he doesn’t hide. He still tries the more aggressive, incisive forward passes and he is usually quality off the ball. 

For too often, we have had midfielders who don’t put the graft in or they hide and never want the ball. When you look at the state of some of our CM’s over the years.  Sometimes, both of those apply! 

But just to echo everyone else in here. He often gets caught in possession, always takes a bit too long to process what he’s doing next or has an extra touch. Plus his passing has been really erratic at times this season and it was terrible last night. 

Like I think you’d notice a big difference with Shelvey playing there as you’d have another quality passer who can control things on top of what Bruno offers. Realistically we’re probably looking at recruiting another starting number 6 and maybe another attacking option. 

Its always nice to have a couple of home grown and or Geordie players in the team.

Alas, it's been a rarity over the years. 

I keep hoping he'll come good, but I can't see him being good enough, despite being given many opportunities.