Cardiff City vs. Newcastle United - 18/08/18 @ 12.30pm (Sky)

Schär should be fitter and has spent more time training with the squad than Fernandez, going by Rafa’s MO, he should be in the squad unless Rafa has seen enough already..

Or does he have an injury?

More time with the squad yes but not necessarily fitter after World Cup and holidays. Fede had a full pre season with Swansea and played their first game.

Bellamy thinks the two relegations didn’t hurt us financially. I hope he has a good accountant.

It was a mental argument, then followed it up with Ashley won't ever change so pointless arguing about it.

Bellamy has an axe to grind with the club, just like Lawrenson (no idea what that was about though..)

Carragher has no affiliation with the club, nor will he ever be a manager so he has no reason to suck up to MA like all the others do.

It's a shame he's like this as Bellamy was a cracking player for us

He's always been an arsehole though despite his ability.

On the pitch his game was pretty much being a extremely fast annoying little piece of shit, great when he's on your team.  But not so great when he opens his mouth as a "pundit".

Carragher

No (they didn’t have a good summer). I think what’s happened at Newcastle is Rafa Benitez gets frustrated at the lack of funds and not getting supported enough or getting things done quickly enough.

It feels like Mike Ashley has fought back - through journalists, ex-players, whoever it might be - he’s getting his message out. You look at it and think ‘Newcastle bought seven players and finished tenth last season - what’s the problem?’ In my head, yes Newcastle finished tenth but they were in the bottom three in December. They were in a relegation fight for most of the season.

Mike Ashley’s way of paying for things has got them relegated twice while he’s been there. The only reason I don’t think they were in a real fight or it went to the wire was they had a manager in Rafa Benitez who is better than the others in the bottom half and I think that will be the case again this season.

The big mistake (Mike) has made is the best thing at Newcastle is Rafa Benitez and he’s got a year left of his contract. There’s no way in the world he will be Newcastle manager if Mike Ashley is still in charge. Mike Ashley will talk about he’s trying to sell the club but I don’t think he really is. He’s been trying to sell it for seven or eight years - if you’re trying to sell your house for seven or eight years there’s a problem. And the problem is the price he’s trying to sell at is a fantasy. So the fact that they haven’t backed their manager in the summer - we’ll see what they do in January - means that next season, if Mike Ashley is still there, they have a different manager who won’t be as good as Rafa Benitez and then they go back to the two times they went down and there’s probably a good chance they will go down if he doesn’t invest.

"No (they didn’t have a good summer). I think what’s happened at Newcastle is Rafa Benitez gets frustrated at the lack of funds and not getting supported enough or getting things done quickly enough."

“It feels like Mike Ashley has fought back - through journalists, ex-players, whoever it might be - he’s getting his message out. You look at it and think ‘Newcastle bought seven players and finished tenth last season - what’s the problem?’ In my head, yes Newcastle finished tenth but they were in the bottom three in December. They were in a relegation fight for most of the season.

“Mike Ashley’s way of paying for things has got them relegated twice while he’s been there. The only reason I don’t think they were in a real fight or it went to the wire was they had a manager in Rafa Benitez who is better than the others in the bottom half and I think that will be the case again this season.

“The big mistake (Mike) has made is the best thing at Newcastle is Rafa Benitez and he’s got a year left of his contract. There’s no way in the world he will be Newcastle manager if Mike Ashley is still in charge. Mike Ashley will talk about he’s trying to sell the club but I don’t think he really is.

“He’s been trying to sell it for seven or eight years - if you’re trying to sell your house for seven or eight years there’s a problem. And the problem is the price he’s trying to sell at is a fantasy. So the fact that they haven’t backed their manager in the summer - we’ll see what they do in January - means that next season, if Mike Ashley is still there, they have a different manager who won’t be as good as Rafa Benitez and then they go back to the two times they went down and there’s probably a good chance they will go down if he doesn’t invest.”

Think lawrenson failed as defensive coach and then had a cheese pastie thrown at him

I mentioned it before but i suspect it’s something far darker than that. Ongoing hijinks that resulted in him being buggered perhaps! He looks triggered every time he has to talk about the club

Think lawrenson failed as defensive coach and then had a cheese pastie thrown at him

I mentioned it before but i suspect it’s something far darker than that. Ongoing hijinks that resulted in him being buggered perhaps! He looks triggered every time he has to talk about the club

What the fuck??!?