Nottingham Forest 3-1 Newcastle United - 29/08/18 - post match from page 25

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Atsu wouldn’t get into the Sunderland team on this evidence.

Longstaff looks decent.

Ki, again is totally shite.

Fernandez and Schär growing into it but miles off what Lascelles and Lejeune had going.

Think he's looked poor tbh. Not judging him like he's allowed a poor game in his first proper match for us, but he's looked a bit out of his depth so far.

Swear down we're always watching different matches. [emoji38] Although Ki might have just made him look better by comparison, admittedly.

Not being harsh on him, but what's he done good? He's been caught on the ball, gave it away from throw-ins to feet, been slack defensively, had a poor first touch.

I think he can come good, saw enough in pre season to believe that, but that was not a good 45 minutes from him.

Played a few nice balls out wide into space for Sterry, put a decent cross in, and moved into good areas of space to receive the ball. It's baby steps when it's your debut tbf. Between him and Ki, he's looked the more experienced.

I'd have to disagree, I don't think either of them have asserted themselves on the game at all. It's probably just a case of being willing to look passed it with Longstaff and not with Ki, which is fair enough. Need a lot more from both of them in the middle if we're going to get back in the game.

Agree to disagree