Miguel Almirón

Deuce

11 hours ago, Klaus said:

We have always seen his potential, but he didn't have the consistent end product to go with it, until now.

Totally agree, Miggy has always been universally loved, nobody could ever doubt his commitment but he now has that belief in his own ability. The form this season he used to show once or twice a season. He's  banging in the performances this year and I couldn't be happier for him. Howe needs massive respect for his man management.

People saying he’s been Howe’d and he has to a degree but this upturn in goals is more down to the player imo, looks different when he’s got some confidence about him. If he can keep this run up he will easily go into double figures this season, always loved his work rate output and his commitment so it’s great to see him getting these goals. 

Confidence and coaching is a huge thing. He’s playing in a system where he knows what’s expected and his enthusiasm is great.

He’s remains a pretty limited footballer. Pleased he’s enjoying a bit of good form. 

No revisionism from me. I always liked his character and personality and thought he would function well as a hard worker, pressing from the front, but ultimately too one-footed and erratic to really succeed.

What did I know? A bit of proper coaching and confidence and, although he'll always be a bit one-footed, he's been outstanding and developed a brilliant relationship with Bruno and others. Love the lad, huge part of what we're doing this season.

Edited by LionOfGosforth