Miguel Almirón

Deuce

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Miggy is about to turn 30, and is on £60,000 a week with us.

Could probably negotiate at least £100,000 a week to go out there.

Would be really good financially for him as he goes into his 30s now.

Do a few years and maybe return to Paraguay for a swansong.

A few people talk about this like it's some sort of purgatory to be going to Saudi, but at worst it's an option he wouldn't have otherwise. Which other clubs are interested in paying him any sort of big money?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

A few people talk about this like it's some sort of purgatory to be going to Saudi, but at worst it's an option he wouldn't have otherwise. Which other clubs are interested in paying him any sort of big money?

A great point. He'd either been earning less money or sitting as our 3rd choice without the Saudi option.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Rather have 60k a week and not go to Saudi than 200k and work there.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Delay in the Olise deal apparently, Palace want the full fee upfront, Bayern can’t afford to do that. 

I read somewhere that Palace had a really elaborate thing setup.

Apparently the clause being agreed to/met only then granted permission to speak to Olise, with other additional fees then coming into place afterwards that made the deal more expensive.

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Well that's the point. It's only an option, he can always not go and carry on earning 60k to sit on the bench. I don't think anyone else is going to come in and pay him 200k.

Edited by TRon

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah, it's a great late career opportunity to make some serious money, and then head on back home after.

I also imagine he'll get some fanfare coming from Newcastle, as I imagine we get a lot of publicity over there.

You never know like maybe ashworth tried to get Wilson, Trippier, and miggy out the door in January but Edwardo put a block on them going. Could be why he didn't get along with Eddie. Just an opinion probably wrong like. 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

You never know like maybe ashworth tried to get Wilson, Trippier, and miggy out the door in January but Edwardo put a block on them going. Could be why he didn't get along with Eddie. Just an opinion probably wrong like. 

Well if we're playing fantasy hypotheticals maybe Eddie was OK with selling them, but devious Dan was already working for Man Utd and blocked their sale knowing the clag it would put us in, whilst he was tending to his garden

8 minutes ago, andycap said:

There’s definitely been some bad blood. If that is what has gone down, then in hindsight you can see why Ashworth would want to do that. None of those 3 offered anything for the rest of the season and we’ve had to sell two young prospects as a result of not shifting them. 

1 hour ago, Dan Gleebals said:

I think 60K a week is probably enough to do that, but I get what you are saying.

60k might set him up for life, whereas 200k sets him, his close and extended family up for life as well.

I love Miggy tbh, but unfortunately the time for us to sell him has definitely come now.

Crazy to think back to when we signed him that that cunt Owen finally wasn't our most expensive player ever :lol:

I couldn’t give a monkeys ass if Ashworth wanted to get those 3 gone in Jan or not. He’s a two faced arse who was selling himself to Man United while under employment by us and then tried to act like we blocked his dream move like he wasn’t lapping it up. Fuck him. 

Sad to see him leave but think we've seen the last week that moving forward we're going to need to be a bit more ruthless in the market. 

Almiron, Trippier, Wilson, Dubravka & someone like Longstaff will go a long way. Roughly £50m on fees and £450k a week on wages freed up there? 

This time next year most of those wages drop off naturally with contracts ending but so does a huge chunk of those potential fees. Replace now while we've got a lot more wiggle room. 

12 hours ago, Slim said:

From a quality of life perspective, I'd say Almiron would have a better quality of life in Saudi Arabia than Newcastle. Better weather, hired help, international schools. 

The only time where you'd take less money for most people is if you want to stay in your home country which is not the case with Almiron. 

Edited by macphisto

5 minutes ago, macphisto said:

From a quality of life perspective, I'd say Almiron would have a better quality of life in Saudi Arabia than Newcastle. Better weather, hired help, international schools. 

The only time where you'd take less money for most people is if you want to stay in your home country which is not the case with Almiron. 

You’ve never been to the Arabian peninsula then. The weather is fucking awful 7 months out of the year.