Miguel Almirón

Deuce

8 minutes ago, macphisto said:

From a quality of life perspective, I'd say Almiron would have a better quality of life in Saudi Arabia than Newcastle. Better weather, hired help, international schools. 

The only time where you'd take less money for most people is if you want to stay in your home country which is not the case with Almiron. 

Think mine is based on their human rights abuse and generally being a shit deal if you are female or gay.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You’ve never been to the Arabian peninsula then. The weather is fucking awful 7 months out of the year.

Yes, I have. Been several times, all times of the year, every country apart from Yemen. Weather is good as you have AC for the summer, weather gets cooler in the evening and you get "cooler" months too. 

I live in the Arabian peninsula currently, it’s very nice Oct - April and dodgy, going to bad, going to shit and then easing off from May - early Oct.

saying that, I’ve played golf many times here in the summer, played a round on Sunday in 40 degrees at 3pm. You adapt.

14 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Yes, I have. Been several times, all times of the year, every country apart from Yemen. Weather is good as you have AC for the summer, weather gets cooler in the evening and you get "cooler" months too. 

I lived in the MENA region for awhile. Although I loved being there, I thought the weather was dreadful. Much like Palm Springs here where an ex lived. It was fine for about five months, and awful the rest of the time.

7 minutes ago, Fatwax said:

I live in the Arabian peninsula currently, it’s very nice Oct - April and dodgy, going to bad, going to shit and then easing off from May - early Oct.

saying that, I’ve played golf many times here in the summer, played a round on Sunday in 40 degrees at 3pm. You adapt.

Oh of course you adapt. But I wouldn’t call it better weather than the northeast of England. But I live in Southern California so constant sunshine gets old 

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Oh of course you adapt. But I wouldn’t call it better weather than the northeast of England. But I live in Southern California so constant sunshine gets old 

Aye, I just disputed the 'fucking awful' part, but I suppose what you're saying there is that it is of course preference etc.

I'm moving to Shenzhen on Friday so at least I'll have rain again.

41 minutes ago, Ben said:

I do like a seasonal climate, but I still twist and complain about every one

It's the British way.

Me personally, I love the seasons. The long dark winters feel like they're getting longer and darker mind[emoji38]

10 minutes ago, NE27 said:

It's the British way.

Me personally, I love the seasons. The long dark winters feel like they're getting longer and darker mind[emoji38]

Yeah we’ve certainly lost chunks of Autumn and Spring to Winter :lol:

Edited by PauloGeordio

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

It's the British way.

I love the seasons as well but just wish summer was one of them.

3 hours ago, Fatwax said:

Aye, I just disputed the 'fucking awful' part, but I suppose what you're saying there is that it is of course preference etc.

I'm moving to Shenzhen on Friday so at least I'll have rain again.

It's not like the rain in the UK :lol:

'Vertical river' is generally an apt description.

Edited by loki679

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aw man. 

Miggy has had a really good time here the last few years. Great that he was such a big part of that 4th place finish.

It's the right time for him to leave now. And if he does he will be remembered fondly in future I think.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Aw man. 

Really? Just yet another example of someone we've held on too long for despite knowing he's had his best time for us. Realistically he's not going to improve now and in all likelihood will just get worse as age creeps up. 

We should be able to find someone as productive  with their future ahead of them, not looking back at their high points. 

Good servant, but as many on here have said isn't going to help us progress now

Just now, gjohnson said:

Really? Just yet another example of someone we've held on too long for despite knowing he's had his best time for us. Realistically he's not going to improve now and in all likelihood will just get worse as age creeps up. 

We should be able to find someone as productive  with their future ahead of them, not looking back at their high points. 

I don’t think Aw man is about his right foot dude! 

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

It's 100% the right thing to do, think he's ran his course now plus it pushes the need for a "marquee" RW. Just love the guy, his enthusiasm, work rate, worldies...