Miguel Almirón

Deuce

It was so obvious since last season that he's one of the main players we need to upgrade from going forward, yet we spent our window  buying players in other positions and then having to play a right back to replace him while chasing the game at the Ettihad, we did well getting Tonali but a LB and a RM were the absolute top priorities after that.

Everyone knows Almiron’s limits, as well as the FFP constraints, not worth raging over.

City are the best team in the league, with top defenders, you can’t expect miracles.

Almiron will have a good season, in line with his ability

The abuse of him is fucking unreal on this forum. Completely undeserved.

Yeah, quality wasn't there against the best team in the world...yet he was the only fucker trying to get involved every chance possible, making himself open for us to get an avenue going forward.

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

The abuse of him is fucking unreal on this forum. Completely undeserved.

Yeah, quality wasn't there against the best team in the world...yet he was the only fucker trying to get involved every chance possible, making himself open for us to get an avenue going forward.

It's genuinely embarrassing to read 

Wouldn't even say he had a poor game, he was our main outlet against the best team in the world, guy worked non stop all game, and even when he should have nothing left in the tank, he stills finds more to keep going. 

frustriating night for Miggy tonight - got himself in some fantastic positions, but miss handled the ball or made the wrong decision when it mattered. We looked a different team offering a first time hit right footed cross once he was replaced sadly. Love him and that grin, but needs upgrading next summer.

3 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I can't help but feel we really missed a chance with not getting Diaby when the chance was there.

I don't think Diaby is the answer at thus moment in time 

Yes, he's better than Miggy going forward but he doesn't offer the same defensive support and at the moment we need that 

The final part of his game was off today but it's one game, that too against the best side in the league, I'm sure Miggy will be fine this season 

First time I've seen him that gassed, gave his all tonight, literally running on empty and was still our brightest spark at times. I want him to be better than he is, can't help but love the guy. Purple patch Miggy would be here for a while.

Edited by Mattoon