Miguel Almirón

Deuce

It's the 5 to 10 yard passes, he gives the ball away on those simple little balls too often. 

It didn't show so much under Rafa or Bruce as everyone kind of did that. We were low possession teams under them, however now it shows up a lot, and hurts us,

We play from the back, progress the ball through Bruno, and once it gets to Miggy it breaks down a fair bit. He's not the only one but imo he's by far the worst.

Edited by Bimpy474

I do agree with the general he is frustrating though. I need to let go of THAT pass in the League Cup final.

For the system we play, off the ball he's an absolute dream, but on it it he's far too one footed and can be predictable. We already know that though and I'm sure the club do too. I have no doubt he'll be upgraded when the right target becomes available.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I do agree with the general he is frustrating though. I need to let go of THAT pass in the League Cup final.

For the system we play, off the ball he's an absolute dream, but on it it he's far too one footed and can be predictable. We already know that though and I'm sure the club do too. I have no doubt he'll be upgraded when the right target becomes available.

When there's 4-5 fully fit players around him in attacking positions then you can get by, and he can be a threat himself. The way we are now he's offering nothing.

I love Almiron and always will but his game is built on relentless dogged running and chasing in both directions. He isn’t able to do that at the moment because he’s knackered and probably having to rein it in to stave off injury. If you lose that element of his game then he becomes a major weakness. The issue is not having another option, Murphy isn’t the answer but he’d have stopped Miggy getting exhausted. The answer will come within these next two windows but I’ll look forward to Miggy continuing to turn out for us as he’ll be a great squad player for some time to come 

He's woeful against teams that sit back. When you need a bit of craft, guile and quality to unlock a defence and he's not the one. 

If we're playing on the counter or pressing high up, he can be useful, otherwise he's no good. 

The lack of right foot is astonishing for a player at that level too. He's been exposed massively over the last few weeks for his refusal to use his right. He just can't do it and it limits him massively. 

Just one example from the past week - any other footballer drills that across the box, but Almiron cuts back onto his left. It's not good enough for a top level player and he needs replaced in the starting XI asap. 

GCHUUDYWkAASRPc (1).jpeg

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

One of Murphy, Barnes or Anderson would be huge. Not having any of them is crippling. Literally.

Yeah losing ALL of them has completely knackered us. My West ham mate actually mentioned this yesterday when we were talking about it funnily enough  

24 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

He's woeful against teams that sit back. When you need a bit of craft, guile and quality to unlock a defence and he's not the one. 

If we're playing on the counter or pressing high up, he can be useful, otherwise he's no good. 

The lack of right foot is astonishing for a player at that level too. He's been exposed massively over the last few weeks for his refusal to use his right. He just can't do it and it limits him massively. 

Just one example from the past week - any other footballer drills that across the box, but Almiron cuts back onto his left. It's not good enough for a top level player and he needs replaced in the starting XI asap. 

GCHUUDYWkAASRPc (1).jpeg

Wish you didn't share that picture, like i've said previously in this thread not replacing him with someone better has costed us big time this season.

He needs to be a squad player and not playing every week , same with Longstaff, they are good squad players for a top 6/7 team but shouldn't be playing every week if we want to progress further.

Edited by Geogaddi

Problem with Miggy is that he’s not a natural inverted winger - so the decisions that someone who is a natural in that position makes, Miggy doesn’t and that’s the frustrating element - his shooting is poor - rarely clips a ball into the striker - he has no relationship with the 9, whether that’s Isak or Wilson - that’s massive weakness 

9 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Wish you didn't share that picture, like i've said previously in this thread not replacing him with someone better has costed us big time this season.

Thing is it’s actually not too late this season, especially with us dropping out of Europe, 3 quality additions and we would be cooking on gas again, a DM no6, RW/R attacker and GK would give me hope we could go on a run. 

21 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Thing is it’s actually not too late this season, especially with us dropping out of Europe, 3 quality additions and we would be cooking on gas again, a DM no6, RW/R attacker and GK would give me hope we could go on a run. 

Yeah, with players coming back from injury too, that would give  us rotation options and we could up the intensity again with higher energy levels.

He's massively out of form but because of the injury crisis we've basically had to persist with him and it's doing him no favours.

Painful watching the guy with the ball at his feet, seems to do the absolute wrong thing almost every time.

A few minutes before the Forest goal we had that attack with him and Tripps 2 on 1 against the fullback. The ball he played to Trippier forced Tripps to make a slide tackle to get some sort of cross in. Turned such a promising position into nowt.

Same again with his chance before their goal, he just seems to have absolutely zero chemistry with any of our players.

He'll get far too much flack over the coming months and it's sad because he's been great for us and seems a lovely lad who gives it all, I'm looking forward to him not being in the team though I must admit.

Unfortunately you can’t coach the thick out of players. His decision making at crucial times is almost always wrong. He shoots when he should pass, he passes when he shoot shoot and he’s totally incapable of crossing a ball, seemingly.

Lovely guy, very average footballer at this level.