Miguel Almirón

Deuce

39 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Waiting for Downie or Ryders inevitable 

‘whilst we understand there is an interest in Almiron from Charlotte, reports of a deal being close are wide of the mark’ 

Whilst his name is also Miguel he’s not thought to be related to former United target, who is  Portugeez, Miguel.

7 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Has to be one of the most random places they could've gone. Obertan's there for a while so I guess he loves it

Seems like Gab went there because of his wife's family being from there. He chose that club because he got in touch with his boy Sylvain. :lol: now, no idea why Sylvain wen there. 

Just take what’s offered and move on. If we don’t sell him this window he’ll be here for the duration of his contract with his value & performances gradually going down 

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

Often wonder if fans will try to rewrite history with him 5-10 years down the line like they did with Gutierrez

What rewriting has happened regarding Gutierrez?

1 hour ago, Beren said:

Not sure how many years he's got left on his contract but I'd not sell him for peanuts. Would love an upgrade but he's an industrious and valuable squad player if we're not getting a decent wedge IMO.

Brush up on your ball. He's clearly shite and needs turfing asap. Preferably to some hell hole, the way he's stuck around here, causing us to lose Minteh. 

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

I had hoped he'd have gone to a PIF team in Saudi on an understanding that they'd give him to MLS on a free the following year, but this would do.

PIF teams don’t do favours for us, they’re run with their and the Saudi leagues best interests in mind.

7 minutes ago, SAK said:

Was scapegoated like Miggy. Said that his end product wasn’t good enough, people wanted him gone etc.

He got cancer and all of a sudden everyone’s attitude stated to change, scored that goal at the end of the season, often credited with us staying up and him being a saviour, but we were already winning, and the other result was going our way, so we were safe regardless.

Add on top that he took Ashley to court over being pushed out of the club because he had cancer and all of a sudden people make out like he was always a fan favourite.

35 minutes ago, Disco said:

Been here a while so he’ll probably by pua profit or not far off n all. One for the nerds there. 

I reckon he's got approx £3.5 million amoritisation still left on the books, but totally not a nerd so can't say I've worked it out too precisely .

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

I reckon he's got approx £3.5 million amoritisation still left on the books, but totally not a nerd so can't say I've worked it out too precisely .

£5.3m by my rough calculation, plus his wages.

Edited by Stifler

18 minutes ago, SAK said:

Plenty thought he was shite and used to have the st james sigher brigade on his back quite often

Once he fell ill he was treated like some kind of hero who they'd all loved all along

Genuinely don't get the ire directed at Miggy, he's always done his best, never seen an engine like his getting up and down the line, chasing every cause, let's not forget that without his purple patch UCL doesn't happen and scoring our first UCL goal in 20 years against PSG was deserving.

I'm not saying we should keep him, he's obviously a weak link in where we want to be, but he was a key member of where we came from, he deserves to be remembered fondly when he does leave.