Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Just now, gbandit said:

Didn’t feel he was a let down, did some amazing defensive work. Sure, you want your wingers to be more clinical. The main issue is the lack of assists really but there’s still a place in the squad for him for a while to come 

I think he’s limited. But given that as a fact and a known quantity I think he did well today.  Aye he should’ve scored but he’s Miggy.   He did a good Miggy performance. Great work rate.  Largely decent on the ball. 

Just now, KaKa said:

Love this guy, but absolutely sick of him at the minute.

He should be living his best life with Trippier to link up with but he’s just all effort and extreme predictability / limitation this season.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

He should be living his best life with Trippier to link up with but he’s just all effort and extreme predictability / limitation this season.

Yup, just doesn't offer enough of a threat in forward areas, certainly not at this level of competition. Need another option on that side.

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I love the guy and love what he's brought to the team and it feels like putting a puppy down but it's time

Next season we need a starting winger that's a level above

Miggy has 6 PL assists for us, that's 1 for each season he has been at the club 

Comical, really. Lovely lad, clearly and busts his balls week in, and week out, but you score goals through assists. He's playing as a wide forward so more is needed from the wide two.

Canny sub but should not be starting next season. 

Someone put it well the other day in this thread.

For where we want to be he should be the Matt Ritchie/Jacob Murphy of the squad.

Mostly brought on to do a job closing out games and you know if you have to start him in an emergency he can do a job.

Not upgrading him in the summer was a mistake and it has come back to haunt us.

Miggy does a lot of running and has great energy, he is also a really likable person but he just isn't good enough to be playing week in week out in a key position. I don't mind him being at the club for another couple of years in the squad, he has good energy to bring on late in a game, but we absolutely need a new quality right winger. We've needed it since Howe has been here and it simply has to be addressed in the next 1 or 2 transfer windows. If we had better decision making and quality up there we'd be scoring a lot more goals. 

He's an odd one miggy, I feel defensively he offers more then most wingers as his work rate is great, while offensively he doesn't offer enough for what we need from a winger. He's been fortunate to have trippier behind to create from the right hand side, but also his workrate has allowed trippier that freedom to bomb Forward.

The clubs challenge now is to find a right winger that will provide this while being more of a goal threat. I think if we hadn't seen the injury to Barnes we would be seeing Gordon in miggys spot, and Barnes on the left

Just now, wiseman said:

He's an odd one miggy, I feel defensively he offers more then most wingers as his work rate is great, while offensively he doesn't offer enough for what we need from a winger. He's been fortunate to have trippier behind to create from the right hand side, but also his workrate has allowed trippier that freedom to bomb Forward.

The clubs challenge now is to find a right winger that will provide this while being more of a goal threat. I think if we hadn't seen the injury to Barnes we would be seeing Gordon in miggys spot, and Barnes on the left

Yup, he’s kind of frustratingly difficult to replace because we will almost be sacrificing some aspects of his play.

He ideally should be our backup RW - he’d be immense as a sub / squad option. He’s the exact type of player we don’t have right now, but we need more genuine quality to get us into winning positions.

‘What got us here won’t get us there’ is Almiron in a nutshell for me. If we genuinely aspire to bigger and better things, he just doesn’t offer enough. Feels like the obvious starting 11 replacement.

Workrate was excellent tonight.

I've never seen a player like him - he grafts his bollocks off and actually helps out defensively a lot. At the same time he's approaching 30 and absolutely terrified of using his weaker foot. You can tell he started playing football professionally quite late into his career.