Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Unlucky not to get an assist for our 3rd goal

His assist stats are horrific and the one time he manages to put one on a plate for someone from two yards, Murphy turns it into an OG 😂

8 hours ago, SteV said:

His assist stats are horrific and the one time he manages to put one on a plate for someone from two yards, Murphy turns it into an OG 😂

Just goes to show stats don’t tell the whole story of player performance. Miggy made that goal by winning the ball through sheer determination, hurling forward and putting in a delightful cross.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Just goes to show stats don’t tell the whole story of player performance. Miggy made that goal by winning the ball through sheer determination, hurling forward and putting in a delightful cross.

And great work for what should have been our 4th for Longstaffs chance.

11 hours ago, SteV said:

It was like the Perez goal v Everton soon after he joined. Almiron twatted one from about 30 yards that Pickford couldn't do a lot with, Ayoze taps in the rebound.

It doesn't officially go down in the books as an assist but it couldn't have been more of an assist. :lol:

11 hours ago, SteV said:

ASM suffered from this, putting countless balls on a plate for Longstaff et al to blaze over the bar. 

I want to see more of Miggy on the left. If Isak is out for Luton, a front 3 of Almiron - Gordon - Murphy would press the absolute shit out of them. 

Edited by HawK

34 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

That assist for the goal was top class by the way. I know he doesn't assist anywhere near enough, but it does go to show that he can do it. Obviously it helps on the left, he'd had have never made that pass on the right. 

I can remember even before Howe came here we used to often get people wondering why we didn't start him more on the left. I don't think it comes naturally to him.

I loved him as a left sided wide forward under Rafa - he was fucking rapid and incredibly unlucky not to score multiple times. It was only when ASM came in that we shifted Miggy to the right and the rest was history :lol: 

I wonder if these injuries might force Howe’s hand into playing with wide men on their ‘natural’ side and not insisting on inside forwards? 

We played wide from the off yesterday. But with that front three that finished the game. We managed to stretch the back 4 even more a few times.

Would really help open up space against a team more likely to sit in and might see some crosses/cutbacks into the box. As opposed to the constant chopping back onto the stronger foot, then losing the momentum and space we had. 

7 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Grandpa, how come you are reading a football stats if you don’t actually watch football?

Follow the xG and you don’t need to watch football. 

IMG_2563.jpeg

On 31/01/2024 at 10:52, Unbelievable said:

Over a long period of time - they do. 

19 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I wonder if these injuries might force Howe’s hand into playing with wide men on their ‘natural’ side and not insisting on inside forwards? 

We played wide from the off yesterday. But with that front three that finished the game. We managed to stretch the back 4 even more a few times.

Would really help open up space against a team more likely to sit in and might see some crosses/cutbacks into the box. As opposed to the constant chopping back onto the stronger foot, then losing the momentum and space we had. 

Cutting back inside is useful as a part of a winger's arsenal, but when it becomes the default it's counter-productive for just that reason you mentioned. It gives the defenders time to regroup, and then they facing the ball rather than chasing it.

20 hours ago, arnonel said:

At least on the left his only option, literally, is the cross. 

Never going to cut inside and smash one into Row Z

Miggy has scored some great goals for us cutting in from the right. Seems bit harsh this. I'm guessing you didn't celebrate any of those top corner curlers he's hit then?

26 minutes ago, alexf said:

Miggy has scored some great goals for us cutting in from the right. Seems bit harsh this. I'm guessing you didn't celebrate any of those top corner curlers he's hit then?

It was tongue in cheek. Chill