Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Terrible goalkeeping :lol: And the shot was very MLS-esque.

I love this kid but he's not gonna score for us, I've accepted that.

An MLS-esque shot  :lol:

Wat

what? don't you know? they hit the ball differently in America :lol: :lol:

Wat

It's not that outlandish, Dwight Gayle hits his shots differently in the Championship.

Wat

It's not that outlandish, Dwight Gayle hits his shots differently in the Championship.

I knew it would get the MLS-loving peeps on here in knots, so easy ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

Easily NUFC’s most important/best player, scoring or not. I’m a big fan of his, I actually think under Bruce he’ll probably get into more scoring positions than under Rafa, but will eventually become a bit of a head down, try hard, headless chicken, all at sea type player where unless he’s scoring, he’s done nowt, in the eyes of fans and media anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's important, but ASM is objectively just a better footballer in my eyes.

Can’t comment as I’ve not seen him play, although a few mates have said I’d like him and he’s my type of player, glad he’s looking good if that’s the case, I have nowt against the players, especially those who’ve recently joined.

Easily NUFC’s most important/best player, scoring or not. I’m a big fan of his, I actually think under Bruce he’ll probably get into more scoring positions than under Rafa, but will eventually become a bit of a head down, try hard, headless chicken, all at sea type player where unless he’s scoring, he’s done nowt, in the eyes of fans and media anyway.

bruce needs to play him on the left ffs, i can't believe people aren't more annoyed it about it tbh

it's so fucking obvious

Wat

Still didn’t make any sense :lol:

Wat

Still didn’t make any sense :lol:

The implication was that MLS strikers have tons of time, space and their laissez-faire shots end up in the back of the net far more than they would in the Premiership. A league that boasts Bradley Wright Phillips as a top-scoring legend has built such a reputation amongst some, for some odd reason.

bruce needs to play him on the left ffs, i can't believe people aren't more annoyed it about it tbh

it's so fucking obvious

Probably because most of our fans have the football IQ of about 8.

Especially the ones that get their football knowledge from The Chronicle.

it's so fucking obvious

I've posted it several times.

If not mainly on the left at least closer to ASM and Joelinton so they could switch. It's what I wanted with HBA and Marveaux, 2 very skillful playing off the forward, movement enough to go wide, narrow and switch, bugger to mark.

it's so fucking obvious

Combined

it's so fucking obvious

Especially the ones that get their football knowledge from The Chronicle.

Maybe some people don't get a hard on, pointing out the obvious.

Would ASM on the right work? I know we’re saying Almiron should be on the left but if impacts his game too then we’re back to square one.

HTT[/member] yeah he's playing wide right in a front 3 but drops very deep and tracks back a shitload obvs

as regards this yes i think ASM could absolutely play right, he's got two feet and has the balance to take people on either side whereas almiron is lost where he is due to being so one footed, i guess the idea might be to play him left so he can cut in but we're not playing high enough up the pitch for that - he needs to be on the left where he can get it out of his feet and run past people into space*, the times he's doing that at the moment he's in completely the wrong position and place to do anything with the ball

i'm not saying 100% it would solve all of our problems but it staggers me that bruce hasn't even tried it yet

*memba that call goal he set up for paraguay, against argentina wasn't it?  that's what he needs to be doing for us from the left, getting into space and putting the ball across for runners into space