Miguel Almirón

Deuce

His link up with ASM was very good on Sunday tbf. Two of Almiron’s chances came from an ASM ball and the goal came through Almiron & ASM.

Agreed, it would have been so simple to keep Perez and sign Rondon and Maximin and have plenty of options up top that worked well together instead of basically starting from scratch

Not sure if Chris Waugh is pally with Bruce but reading his article in the Athletic about Miggy, it sounds like he's getting benched on Saturday

It would be funny if at the first opportunity to give Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Joelinton a run together Bruce drops Almiron :laugh:

That front 3 need a run together.

He should be working on the training pitch to get those 3 working together like Rafa did with Almiron, Perez, Rondon.

It’s called coaching Steve.

I can see him using Joelinton where Almiron’s been playing and Carroll up top.

While I'm sure Joelinton can do a job as a wide forward, there's no way he could bring the ball out from deep positions and transition it across half the pitch in the same way Almiron does. Although if you are just wellying it long from back to front I suppose you don't have to worry about such details.

I don’t think he’d dare switch from this system.

I can see Ritchie back for Willems and Carroll for one of the front three though.

Agree - can't see him being brave enough to change the system in any way, shape or form tbh.

He'll have hated the criticism. For all the 'I know what I signed up for' bollocks, he'll have been scarred big time by the abuse. The fat fuck.

I agree. Almirón doesn't seem suitable at all for playing on the right. His directness and technique doesn't work for a position where he has to stop and switch the ball over to his left foot or use his much weaker right foot.