Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Atsu has zero goals and two assists in the 6 games he's been involved without diving while Almiron has zero goals and assists in 8 games, plus 2 yellow cards for shameless diving. Atsu for me like.

One thing I noticed about Atsu, after a good start to the season, he went missing last few games. When Maximin came on as a sub and suddenly started running at defenders, then Atsu suddenly bucked up as well. Personally I think he is one of those who hides from the action and only comes to life when he sees someone else doing the job properly. I don't really want to see him back in the side. End product is useless if you let the opposition walk all over you.

Atsu is a decent player to have, but no serious team can have him as a long time starter. The boy works hard and has moments, but he is so easy to defend against, not a physical challenge, never beats the man, and rarely plays a telling pass. Not dynamic at all.

I thin Almiron is really suffering without a proven goalscorer like Rondon and Perez. Something that worries me about this side is that neither Saint-Maximin or Almiron are really natural goalscorers, but players that should be complementing natural goalscorers. Almiron has never scored a ton of goals if you look at his career. He was the dominant player in MLS, but only got 10 goals a season and has scored once for Paraguay. Someone earlier compared him to Sissoko, and I think that is apt in some way. He'll cause all manner of havoc and create a ton of chances with his intelligent runs, pace, ability to carry the ball up the pitch and defensive effort. I think he can be a big player for a competitive club, but I don't think he'll be prolific. Both he and ASM would benefit from the other wide player in the "Rafa" 5-2-3 being a player that is more like a forward and someone who floats into decent positions and scores like Ayoze.

Atsu has zero goals and two assists in the 6 games he's been involved without diving while Almiron has zero goals and assists in 8 games, plus 2 yellow cards for shameless diving. Atsu for me like.

Do you think Atsu would have had the awareness to do what Almiron did for yesterday's goal out of interest? It would have been launched first time and the goal doesn't happen.

Do you think Atsu would have had the awareness to do what Almiron did for yesterday's goal out of interest? It would have been launched first time and the goal doesn't happen.

I'm more confident that Atsu wouldn't have thrown himself to the ground as Almiron did than that he couldn't have done what Almiron did before the goal yesterday.

If you need a straight yes or no answer though, it would be no.

I don't really care what a player manages to bring to the team by cheating. So sick of it and I've got no respect for that attitude. I'd rather see us fielding a worse team if it meant we didn't cheat. Not difficult in these times where a loss is celebrated more than a win, but still. I hope and think that mindset will continue even if we by some miracle should start to compete to be the best we can be.

Remember when Ben Arfa got us a penalty at OT that was never one. Should we have fucked him off the team? What about demba when he hand balled one in?

What about Kevin Keegan? As a player he was accused of being a diver, especially after he came back from his spell at Hamburg. Are we going to slag him off as well?

Honestly man, some people can get so precious over the slightest thing. How about looking at the bigger picture and recognising Almiron runs himself into the ground for the badge? Can you say that for Atsu?

You won’t find many PL footballers who haven’t dived or cheated. I see turning on Almiron didn’t take long, fucking hell. He was a key part of the goal on the weekend no?

It's as if people can't learn from the past. How many recent examples do they need of players coming under pressure from knee-jerk fans and struggling to lift their form and confidence. Perez? Diame?

Almiron was cack under Rafa as well. He runs around a lot then either shoots woefully or loses the ball. Very greedy player also. He could have had a good few assists by now instead of wasting chance after chance.

Cack under Rafa?! He transformed us FFS! Anyone who thinks that doesn’t understand football

Almiron was cack under Rafa as well. He runs around a lot then either shoots woefully or loses the ball. Very greedy player also. He could have had a good few assists by now instead of wasting chance after chance.

Cack under Rafa?! He transformed us FFS! Anyone who thinks that doesn’t understand football

There's quite alot of those people about.

Unfortunately a sizeable proportion of NUFC's support falls into this category.