Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Has he ever done an interview in English? Feel like I've never heard him speak.

Like when Colo did an interview near the end of his time here and I don't remember any other time hearing him speak

Edited by joeyt

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Has he ever done an interview? Feel like I've never heard him speak.

Like when Colo did an interview near the end of his time here and I don't remember any other time hearing him speak

Couple recently on nufc tv. All in Spanish though

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I didn't predict this, no. And of course a right winger would have been great  But there was some serious knicker-wetting going on which was utterly disproportionate after what was otherwise a great window.

That's what happens but we did need a winger and still do. It doesn't matter how well we do we can always improve.  Miggy has made that position his own to lose but we still need more threat.  I'm still half in the mind that everyone is just in a purple patch and panic before every game.  Miggy certainly is, but, if he is not, and he continues to score like this then as has recently become one of the most productive attackers in world club football.  It's hard to know with Eddie whether this is just a great period for Miggy or he has turned him into this monster.  I hope for the latter but it's unrealistic but fuck knows, Eddies coaching blows my mind.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

not the personal insults.

same goes for murphy, willock and longstaff.

This. And Wood etc etc etc. Some absolute undeserving cunts on here slagging off players that

a) were let down by previous

b) got us, miraculously, top4 form

c) have us, justifiably, top4

d) good enough for Eddie

Wankers need to fuck off and support Man City. 😉

19 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I didn't predict this, no. And of course a right winger would have been great  But there was some serious knicker-wetting going on which was utterly disproportionate after what was otherwise a great window.

That's what happens but we did need a winger and still do. It doesn't matter how well we do we can always improve.  Miggy has made that position his own to lose but we still need more threat.  I'm still half in the mind that everyone is just in a purple patch and panic before every game.  Miggy certainly is, if he is not, and he continues to score like this then as has recently become one of the most productive attackers in world club football.  It's hard to know with Eddie whether this is just a great period for Miggy or he has turned him into this monster.  I hope for the latter but it's unrealistic but fuck knows, Eddies coaching blows my mind.

Edited by relámpago blanco

Absolutely fine saying we need a right winger of better quality if we’re going to be challenging for top honours, but people were pointing out how important Almiron’s work rate was for this side and also how it was clear in pre-season that Howe had been working on making him more effective, working with Trippier and Bruno in particular, and some people were having none of it. People were calling for all sorts of mediocre replacements ffs. I’m glad we didn’t go for Cornet and the likes. We need a proper upgrade in time, but for where we are today it was evident then, as it is now, that Almiron is an integral part of this team.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Criticism was fine, but a few made the transfer rumors thread nearly unreadable. You would have thought that it was the darkest days of last year given how gloomy some on here were. 

I commend them in a way, it's made Miggy's upturn all the sweeter

Hilarious goal. As renaissances go, we're now into Godfather (Joelinton) vs. Godfather Pt. II (Almiron) territory. Which to do you choose, the original or the sequel?

That's our seventh goal this season from outside the box, by the way.

You don't see it on slo-mo replays, but the corner routine that led to Wilson's second goal was magic. Miggy materialises on the touchline, Trippier passes it to him, Miggy brings it back inside a little while Tripps runs towards him at first but then dinks to the right whilst Miggy does that backheel. The replays only show the final ball to Wilson. But it was a clever, and very slick move.

Almiron offers so much more to the way we play than just his outrageous goals - his relationship with Trippier and Bruno is almost telepathic. That's what great coaching does.

5 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

This. And Wood etc etc etc. Some absolute undeserving cunts on here slagging off players that

a) were let down by previous

b) got us, miraculously, top4 form

c) have us, justifiably, top4

d) good enough for Eddie

Wankers need to fuck off and support Man City. 😉

Amen! I don't get it either. Top 4 players, even the slightly more limited ones.