Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I fucking love this guy. I did anyway in spite of his faults. But what a season he's having so far.

Even after the goal, that energy. 4-0 up, 84th minute and you see him charge back to snatch the ball in our half before busting a gut to win a corner in barely 10 seconds. The guy just doesn't stop.

1 hour ago, OoOGazOoO said:

HAHAHA!

Can we get a translation of that song!

People have been talking about improving our songbook. It's the least we can do to get 52,000 to learn that.[emoji38]

I'm so happy for him - loved the clip the other day of his family being delighted too. After all his earlier struggles, a bit like with big Joe, it makes you root for them all the harder.

I'll actually be gutted whenever some of this team leave now! 

Edited by Abacus

The rise in him is almost as matched as Joelinton's. Only Miggy started with promise, then fell through levels. 

I'm sorry for the things I said, even if this is just a purple patch, its purple enough to put me in my place.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

"tHe TrAnSfEr WiNdOw wAsN'T gOoD bEcAuSe wE dIdN't sIgN a rIgHt wInGeR"

All of you, apologise.

Haha was mental that transfer thread thinking back like

Everyone including me lost their head on a daily basis

I think from now on we should trust the process (🤢)

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

"tHe TrAnSfEr WiNdOw wAsN'T gOoD bEcAuSe wE dIdN't sIgN a rIgHt wInGeR"

All of you, apologise.

I hate posts like this, did you predict Almiron would score goals like this on a regular basis, and this many?  I don't think you did.  I love Almiron and hope he can keep it up, I also hope we can rely on him in the future to do so.  We do need another winger anyway even if he keeps up this form.

Edited by relámpago blanco

We still need another right winger, and another left winger to be greedy. Cover and rotation for Miggy on the right, and cover and rotation for ASM. Unfortunately that means letting Murphy go eventually but that has to be the medium term goal as you improve the squad.

4 hours ago, alexf said:

The directness of his goal today I absolutely loved. Not only the worldly finish but just the positive intent from the moment he received the ball. 1 thing on his mind and executed to perfection ❤️

It was mint how early he took the shot and that's the kind of thing that'll see him to continue to score goals if he keeps it up. He's going to get in shooting positions and he's going to be given the ball, I hope he continues to back himself to take opportunities as soon as they present because no one can tell him he doesnt have the ability anymore.

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I hate posts like this, did you predict Almiron would score goals like this on a regular basis, and this many?  I don't think you did.  I love Almiron and hope he can keep it up, I also hope we can rely on him in the future to do so.  We do need another winger anyway even if he keeps up this form.

I didn't predict this, no. And of course a right winger would have been great  But there was some serious knicker-wetting going on which was utterly disproportionate after what was otherwise a great window.

Edited by Chris_R