Miguel Almirón

Deuce

People rightfully criticise him for how poor his right foot is but he doesn’t get nearly enough credit for how good his left foot is. If he has time and space on his left and is in a shooting position he’ll score regularly. Still think other teams underestimate him when he cuts inside 

33 minutes ago, gbandit said:

People rightfully criticise him for how poor his right foot is but he doesn’t get nearly enough credit for how good his left foot is. If he has time and space on his left and is in a shooting position he’ll score regularly. Still think other teams underestimate him when he cuts inside 

He always had terrible end product aside from the purple patch last season, he is getting much better with his shooting but still got a way to go.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I think it's more confidence. When his confidence is up he can do great things. But he doesn't have a cash money left foot like Larry Robert.

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He always had terrible end product aside from the purple patch last season, he is getting much better with his shooting but still got a way to go.

Simply not true. He scored throughout the season and think he was our top scorer in pre-season. He scored regularly in the MLS before he came here with quite a few shots similar to the one yesterday and showed good signs under Rafa. It's really only the Bruce era.

16 hours ago, gbandit said:

It’s already been massively well spent, and he’s maybe the most likeable player over the last couple of decades too

Those 6 goals in October last year paid back their fee all on their own when you consider the value making the Champions League

Yeah this "lacks end product" is bollocks when referring to his early years at the club. He was playing under one manager who was pragmatic in his approach and another who was a fucking idiot.

For much of the time he was defending his own box. Ever since Howes come in, his end product has improved markedly. That said, he's not a world beater but his insane workrate makes him perfect for our system.

I see absolutely no reason why he won't reach double figures this year, he's already got 2 and its not even October.

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Simply not true. He scored throughout the season and think he was our top scorer in pre-season. He scored regularly in the MLS before he came here with quite a few shots similar to the one yesterday and showed good signs under Rafa. It's really only the Bruce era.

9 goals and 1 assist in 9 sequential games.   

3 goals and 1 assist in the 25 games total before and after that 9 game run. Including 2 in 18 to end the season. 

‘He scored throughout the season’.  Just factually incorrect.  He scored 75% of his goals in about 26% of his games. 

This isn’t to shit on him. He was MOTM for me against Brighton when he didn’t score.  He does a lot of good work. Particularly off the ball. But this idea that he’s a regular goal threat if not for mismanagement is untrue. 

Edited by The College Dropout

I was having a pint with a Man Utd fan here in Toronto and he says we have the best player in the Prem.

Surprisingly I had about 5 players I rolled off my tongue that I thought it could be. Bruno, trippier, Botman etc.  which kind of reflects how much the team has improved, obvs with some bias. 

He said no to all. And then said it was Miggy. I can’t agree but it was nice to hear. 

53 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

9 goals and 1 assist in 9 sequential games.   

3 goals and 1 assist in the 25 games total before and after that 9 game run. Including 2 in 18 to end the season. 

‘He scored throughout the season’.  Just factually incorrect.  He scored 75% of his goals in about 26% of his games. 

This isn’t to shit on him. He was MOTM for me against Brighton when he didn’t score.  He does a lot of good work. Particularly off the ball. But this idea that he’s a regular goal threat if not for mismanagement is untrue. 

Fair enough. I could have sworn he scored towards the end of the season as well. He did score regularly all season up until his injury at least  (or, regular for a winger who isn't prime Salah) and luckily seems to be continuing the trend into this season.

Either way, main point of my post was just to say this Almiron is more true to himself and why Rafa splashed the money on him than the shell we saw play for Bruce, like so many others.

2 hours ago, Weezertron said:

I was having a pint with a Man Utd fan here in Toronto and he says we have the best player in the Prem.

Surprisingly I had about 5 players I rolled off my tongue that I thought it could be. Bruno, trippier, Botman etc.  which kind of reflects how much the team has improved, obvs with some bias. 

He said no to all. And then said it was Miggy. I can’t agree but it was nice to hear. 

I mean that’s an absurd thing for anyone to say, even for a Canadian Man U ‘fan’.

He’s a good player with incredible workrate and under Howe a goal threat too, but come on. He’s not even our best winger.

Miggy’s attitude is world class and his overall game is extremely valuable to us, especially when playing across multiple competitions. The weaknesses to his game are attacking-based and if teams set up against him properly then they can hound him away from being a threat due to his crossing. However, he’s routinely scoring now and teams don’t seem to have been able to stop him cutting in. If they force him down the line then he’s really only able to cut it back to Trippier but while he manages to cut in he will score a lot of goals. I just love him, when you see him pop up near Pope’s box and nab a crucial ball away and then power forwards it’s a joy to watch