Miguel Almirón

Deuce

This is wrapped up in the Tripps news for me. Miggy is far less effective without his shared understanding with Trippier. If Trippier goes, makes sense to release Miggy.

He's a fantastic personality and has made some fantastic contributions. It'll be sad to see him go.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Barnes is off a long-term injury, usually plays on the left and Murphy is not a PL player. 

Thanks Ian, I wasn't aware of that :lol: Murphy would start on the right with Gordon as a back up on that side, assuming we bring no one else in. You lose far less than you do selling literally any other player IMO. 

Murphy is no less a PL player than Almiron either tbh, they're both average. Miggy is dining off one purple patch in his entire time here. 

36 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just ahead of Burn he's the most underrated player in the squad now, and I predict about three games before we're bemoaning missing the relentless energy that he brings us. He's played virtually 100% of matches this season and last (a frankly incredible feat) so he's going to leave a significant hole. 

I trust the club and accept that an upgrade in his position could make a meaningful difference, but it won't happen this month and I'll be so sad to see him go.

I can already hear it now, it's so obviously going to happen.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He should be becoming a crucial squad player, not being sold. 

I would rather he stayed as a squad player short-medium term.  But when you look at our squad and players that might actually fetch a decent fee, whilst also getting rid of a decent salary.  Outside of players that we really want to keep.  After Wilson, realistically, who do we have?  Longstaff?  Who we can't sell at the minute with our midfield crisis (wings are not much better, granted).   

If we need to move players on because of FFP and in an attempt to improve the squad in the long run.  Then I think Almiron and then Wilson are two of the more obvious choices.  I was thinking in the summer and not now, mind.  

Disappointing if this goes through, but got to back the club if they feel this is the right time to sell. Miggy will be a real miss, in terms of his work rate and personality.

Clearly FFP is a real problem and the club are going to have to do this inorder to progress.

I don’t think Murphy is a PL starting winger. He has improved a great deal under Howe and he’s looked really good at times but he’s never been a starting winger in the league for us really, just short spells of games. I’d say it’s a massive risk not replacing Miggy if we don’t. Murphy is a squad player for us not a starter 

Obviously there's something afoot here. We've clearly got eyes on making a couple of signings this window. Miggy would be a massive miss for our pressing game if nothing else. 

Just now, Mazzy said:

Obviously there's something afoot here. We've clearly got eyes on making a couple of signings this window. Miggy would be a massive miss for our pressing game if nothing else. 

Aye, will completely change how we play 

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Ah, just Ben Jacobs being a cunt then. 

You can't write anything off, but it wouldn't really be in his nature. Whenever he's on Loaded Mag he usually plays things down. 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Miggy is dining off one purple patch in his entire time here. 

Only Lee, Solano and Speed have scored more from midfield in the last 30 years in a Newcastle shirt but as many here have said its not really the goals we will miss losing him.

Delighted if this goes through. There's no room for sentiment in this game. He's a lovely guy with an infectious attitude but he is one dimensional and nowhere near good enough.

Imagine how different we would be with a Gordon equivalent in place of Miggy!

Just now, gbandit said:

I don’t think Murphy is a PL starting winger. He has improved a great deal under Howe and he’s looked really good at times but he’s never been a starting winger in the league for us really, just short spells of games. I’d say it’s a massive risk not replacing Miggy if we don’t. Murphy is a squad player for us not a starter 

The problem is, Miggy should also be a squad player, not a starter. But of all the players you could define by that sentence, he's by far the one you could get the most money for.

If the club HAVE to sell someone, he is the best option imo. 

Feels mad if we're planning to go through the next 5 months with Gordon, Murphy and Barnes as our only wing options given the intensity we play at and the fact that 2 of those have been out for the majority of the season already. Can't even say we'd stick Big or Little Joe on the left as they've been out frequently, or Isak on the left with Wilson up top as they've both been injured.

This feels borderline suicidal without a replacement this month 

Goals and xG in the last season and a half are the same as Raheem Sterling, who is worth more than "10M" as a player of the same age.

If we get 20M plus, then as a 29 year old, he's a sell. We need the money.

Miggy looked a bust for the first half of his time here, but it was great to see him find redemption. His goals were vital in pushing us up the league. 

If Trippier goes too, that's a whole new right side.

Just now, Fezzle said:

Only Lee, Solano and Speed have scored more from midfield in the last 30 years in a Newcastle shirt but as many here have said its not really the goals we will miss losing him.

He has played as more of a forward in his time here, no?  Especially the good performances and the goals, since Howe came in.  The same way Gordon is considered a forward.

Just now, Andy said:

The problem is, Miggy should also be a squad player, not a starter. But of all the players you could define by that sentence, he's by far the one you could get the most money for.

If the club HAVE to sell someone, he is the best option imo. 

I’m not arguing with selling Miggy even though I love the lad. Info argue with the notion of not getting in a RW though even if the season is a “write off”, which I don’t think it is. I want us to go all out in the FA cup