The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Struggling to know why a penalty wasn’t given against Deli Ali ffs, clear hand ball.

If they don’t give it for that then they never will give a hand ball again

Shocking

VAR couldn't have made more of a mess of that game if he/it tried. On the main TV game as well, lovely.

VAR is brilliant actually by the fact everyone knows what is happening/why etc.  What makes it so annoying is that the VAR referees get it so wrong.  If I hear "but there was contact" again then I feels I may crack up.  Of course there is going to be contact, it's a contact sport.  Is hugging someone when a corner is delivered not deemed "but there was contact"?  The referees are useless.  If a player is grabbing someone by the shirt then it's a foul, simple.  If a player falls over after both the attacker and defender "come together" then that is blatant cheating.  Anyone that thinks Watford deserved a penalty need their head looking at.

VAR couldn't have made more of a mess of that game if he/it tried. On the main TV game as well, lovely.

VAR is brilliant actually by the fact everyone knows what is happening/why etc.  What makes it so annoying is that the VAR referees get it so wrong.  If I hear "but there was contact" again then I feels I may crack up.  Of course there is going to be contact, it's a contact sport.  Is hugging someone when a corner is delivered not deemed "but there was contact"?  The referees are useless.  If a player is grabbing someone by the shirt then it's a foul, simple.  If a player falls over after both the attacker and defender "come together" then that is blatant cheating.  Anyone that thinks Watford deserved a penalty need their head looking at.

No it doesn’t and no they don’t. Match attendees know fuck all.

Struggling to know why a penalty wasn’t given against Deli Ali ffs, clear hand ball.

Shocking

Think it was because Minas touched the ball with his shoulder just before

Shocking

Think it was because Minas touched the ball with his shoulder just before

they said on sky they were told that VAR didn't give it because Ali handled it under pressure. fucking nonsense

Surely Son's red card gets overturned as he only clipped him. Did VAR look at the tackle or did the ref just give a red? If VAR didn't look what is the point of it, they have the footage just check if its a red or not.

Sky footie presenter said the Ref upgraded the card from yellow to red himself after he saw the injury, and the ref looking at VAR didn't overrule that decision.

One thing annoying me, wish people would stop blaming VAR, VAR is just video replays, it's the fucking wingnut ref looking at the video's who's the moron.

Referee gave a yellow and VAR  overruled to give a red.

That's not what the sky football presenter said, around 15 minutes after the game.

Ah just assumed he had someone in his ear telling him it was a red

Referee gave a yellow and VAR  overruled to give a red.

That's not what the sky football presenter said, around 15 minutes after the game.

Ah just assumed he had someone in his ear telling him it was a red

I thought the same, it does seem strange that the ref thinks it's yellow but decides it's red because of the injury.

I guess the injury influenced it obviously, if the Sky presenter has it right of course. The VAR ref upgrading it makes more sense to be honest.

Should follow suit of other sports and VAR has to be a decision from the onfield captain or the manager and limited number of uses to prevent this shit. Maybe 1 a half and you don't lose a var appeal if decision successfully overturned. PERHAPS an option for the ref to refer to it himself if it's something super serious he didn't see. It's obscenely pedantic, ruining the flow of games and not clearing up controversy at all. Unfortunately you can't really legislate what a 'really clear obvious error' as opposed to the milimetre offsides that linesmen couldn't possibly tell so you have to make it something that the sides can call upon a limited number of times.

Yes it is good it can overrule clear injustices, it should not be interfering with the game regularly.

Would it? In tennis or cricket if refs made a blunder and you've already used your allowed appeal it becomes poor management on your team rather than purely the referees fault and or bad luck. It would minimise disruption, and while obviously a really bad ref will stll screw up a game that will always be the case.

Would it? In tennis or cricket if refs made a blunder and you've already used your allowed appeal it becomes poor management on your team rather than purely the referees fault and or bad luck. It would minimise disruption, and while obviously a really bad ref will stll screw up a game that will always be the case.

It would increase disruption. Those games are also stop start games, so it works given the them 15 seconds or so to make challenge. The periods when a team in football was deciding to challenge something would be a farce, as would the restart if the decison was fine. It just wouldn't work.