Pre-season 19-20: Newcastle 2-1 AS Saint-Étienne

joeyt

I watched it, don’t know why.

Awful, just awful. Surprised we didn’t conceded more goals. Could have been 6-0.

Darlow, Colback, Shelvey, Lazaar, Sterry and Aarons all with very poor performances.

Hayden was decent.

Guest chopey

I remember Rafas first pre season planning for the championship and he said he wanted two teams to win the league, he never spent a fortune but you could see sense in every player he brought in, in miss that.

Guest covmag

Judging by the comments we are gash, glorious.The players will never play to the levels Rafa had them playing.

Their value will plummet and this fat cunt will lose bundles .lush

Judging by the comments we are gash, glorious.The players will never play to the levels Rafa had them playing.

Their value will plummet and this fat cunt will lose bundles .lush

Every existing player is going to look 30-50% worse, and we've lost our 2 best. Then there's the incredible coaching and organisation Rafa had. They're absolutely fucked.

No doubt we'll have a lot more injuries as well, as players chuck it in.

Before we rub our hands with too much glee, we played 4/5 if of our starters switched out for kids against a pretty much full strength Wolves two weeks ahead of us. Not that with the starters back we would have fared much differently!

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Fat man wants to make Bruce a success just to ram it down the fans and Rafas throat. Ironically vindictive.

Could see us actually spending 50-70m this window still. With Dubravka, Lejeune, Schar, Yedlin (replacment maybe), Longstaff, Almiron and expenditure on a half competent striker, a winger, fullback and maybe another mid it wouldn't surprise me to see Bruce get lucky in the first year and push us in or around midtable. Obviously at that point it is where Ashley will revert to "well you have the squad now, what more do you want" mentality.

If we get a few wins somehow the fans with tickets will soon revert to type and god forbid if bruce did get us mid table the "well maybe he deserves a chance" crew will be in full flow. The next cycle and watering down of fans will continue.

I don't think it's worth spending too much time worrying about scenarios like that. If we 'succeed' (don't go down) against all logic then so be it, not much we can do.

Fact is Ashley is doing everything wrong and Bruce is finished before he's even started.

If somehow the random signings manage to help us to a 4th-bottom finish, then whatever.

Guest chopey

I'm sure we will be ready for Arsenal with 21 days of the window left and 3 pre season games to play, sounds like some top preparation that.

"The best of the action from today's

@premierleague

Asia Trophy clash against

@Wolves

is now available to watch on NUFC TV."

The official NUFC Twitter account is taking the piss.

LOWLIGHTS, more like.

The only player that did well yesterday was Sorensen imo.

Hayden was ok I guess. We really looked clueless when we were in possesion and had no plan what so ever.

Ok, it was the first preseason game and we shouldn't make too much out of it. But Wolves looked so much better and much more organised.

Everything we seemed to do good under Rafa was all gone.