Pre-season 19-20: Newcastle 2-1 AS Saint-Étienne

joeyt

After playing most of the last season with 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs, why the coaches decided to go 4 at the back against Wolves I do not know.

Remit they were given at the end of June when the club new Bruce was coming in.

Bruce: "The most important thing is to keep the club moving forward. Over the last couple of years it's established itself in the @premierleague - that's got to be a given - and my job is to try and follow and keep improving. That's what my aim will be."

Keep the club moving forward. Oh, yeah  - getting rid of Rafa and hiring you nails that. Not to mention we don't spend money. Been a good recipe that.

And over the last couple of years we've established ourself in the PL? Is he for real?

He'll be told to get back on message - that we're a diddly little club lucky to even be in the top flight and that staying up is a grand achievement. The last thing they want is any sort of return to the Benitez narrative that the club should be competing further up the table. Bruce will be more than happy to comply and to be fair, what else could he do? He can hardly claim he's going to improve the team with a straight face, and not just because he hasn't got one.

Bruce: "The most important thing is to keep the club moving forward. Over the last couple of years it's established itself in the @premierleague - that's got to be a given - and my job is to try and follow and keep improving. That's what my aim will be."

Keep the club moving forward. Oh, yeah  - getting rid of Rafa and hiring you nails that. Not to mention we don't spend money. Been a good recipe that.

And over the last couple of years we've established ourself in the PL? Is he for real?

This is why I think Bruce needs targeted alongside Ashley and Penfold.  He knows what we're about, yet willing to come here and spin this absolute bull shit to keep up the charade.

As you say, move the club forward by fucking off Rafa and bringing him in man :lol:

Comical.

If Bruce had even half a brain his approach to the situation should be along the lines of..........'I can fully understand how disappointed everyone must be about Rafa leaving. He is a great, proven manager but his leaving had nothing to do with me and I am not to blame in any way. I have been appointed to do a job and I will do that to the best of my ability and hopefully carry on the with the great work that Rafa has done here'

If Bruce had even half a brain his approach to the situation should be along the lines of..........'I can fully understand how disappointed everyone must be about Rafa leaving. He is a great, proven manager but his leaving had nothing to do with me and I am not to blame in any way. I have been appointed to do a job and I will do that to the best of my ability and hopefully carry on the with the great work that Rafa has done here'

That's not too far off what he did say.

Added in a friendly v Preston

Me and the wife are in Blackpool next Friday/Sat and i just haven't got the enthusiasm to go to that game. I'm going to Fleetwood v what now must be Preston reserves on Friday night in my bid to do the 92 league grounds (72/92 done). Has it come to this? I'm more interested in going to fkn Fleetwood than watching my own club.

He'll be told to get back on message - that we're a diddly little club lucky to even be in the top flight and that staying up is a grand achievement. The last thing they want is any sort of return to the Benitez narrative that the club should be competing further up the table. Bruce will be more than happy to comply and to be fair, what else could he do? He can hardly claim he's going to improve the team with a straight face, and not just because he hasn't got one.

:lol: