Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If another party came in at this stage we will be starting the season without Rafa and most likely the players we have on our books right now (minus a few sales)

It’s shit or bust.

Is it next Thursday or Friday when the 21 day media embargo is over following ZBG last official statement that documents had been submitted to the Prem?

What media embargo!?

I’m probably down to 1% of hope now I just think we’re destined for misery no way will Mike Ashley let us have enjoyment :angry:

Just feel like this is going to end up the worse way possible with Rafa leaving and us being stuck with Mike.

I just can’t imagine anything positive happening lost nearly all hope.

What's with the title update?  Has it fallen apart?  Don't fancy going back through pages of woeful patter to find out.

Nah, just that the 'news' in the previous title was a week old. When there's anything new to report, we'll update the title again.

Having watched the full MA interview on youtube I can't see how anyone can possibly deal with this man.

I can imagine the party interested in taking over being told that the club shop and advertising etc is tied into so many spiders webs of deals that he is intent on selling his cake and eating it for many years to come. It would be little wonder if he insists the premiership money is indeed his until 2020 as part of any deal.

Jo Brand was extremely gentle today compared how I would feel should this complete tool fuck any takeover up. I'm absolutely sure there are so many terms and conditions attached that no-one will stay the course after due diligence.

The club is actually for sale but the income and trade for SD isn't... who the fuck will agree to that?

"the next two weeks"...that's the key phrase that says to me it's not happening. My optimism has now drained. If it's dragging on that long I think it's just a smokescreen to cover FCB's nonsense.

That's the worry - that we have been played yet again by Ashley.

I just don't get how this isn't everyones default position until he proves us wrong. I've been banging this drum for ages but why anyone would give him any benefit of doubt is completely beyond me. Our fans have been fooled so easily time and time again it's unreal by now.

Ashley is abley supported by some sections of the media (notably Sky and possibly Murdoch's gutter rag) He uses our hope against us - in that we hope things will get better some time. As it is, if this takeover falls through and Rafa leaves - the only way Ashley sells up will be a mackem style plummet down the leagues, with NUFC then beginning to cost him money. The next two weeks are indeed crucial to the club's future. :(

Ashley is abley supported by some sections of the media (notably Sky and possibly Murdoch's gutter rag) He uses our hope against us - in that we hope things will get better some time. As it is, if this takeover falls through and Rafa leaves - the only way Ashley sells up will be a mackem style plummet down the leagues, with NUFC then beginning to cost him money. The next two weeks are indeed crucial to the club's future. :(

Couldn't agree more.