Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So , its an Arab / Jewish consortium ... aye , that'll be reet 🤥🙄

Saudi Arabia and Israel already share business ties. So do we for that matter, and Trump went out of his way to back MBS even after the murder of Khashoggi.

Buying Newcastle would probably be an effort to improve the Saudi image abroad. If we can benefit from that rather than some other club like Leeds, I would rather it be us.

already heard ashley pissed off this has leaked right? Classic case again that someone bids, ashley says he'll think about it (meaning no, he's holding out for 7000000000 or something ridiculous he'll never get), bidder gets excited assuming ashley is reasonable and will sell at a reasonable compromise of valuations, ashley closes it down because he's not interested. This. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Saudi Arabia and Israel already share business ties. So do we for that matter, and Trump went out of his way to back MBS even after the murder of Khashoggi.

Buying Newcastle would probably be an effort to improve the Saudi image abroad. If we can benefit from that rather than some other club like Leeds, I would rather it be us.

Yes indeed and both Saudi Arabia and Israel are fairly aligned against Iran. Real Politik will always Trump supposed religious differences

Yes indeed and both Saudi Arabia and Israel are fairly aligned against Iran. Real Politik will always Trump supposed religious differences

United in their desire to wipe Shiite Islam from the world. Er, I mean, defend the world from Iranian terrorism...

I’d be happy to see us push on. Don’t give a shit about the human rights bit.  We’ve had a Tory government in this country for quite some time and I dare say this would be any different. Fuck it. If we have success it’ll be a great memory for me and my family. I’ve followed these fuckers since 1985. Witnessed the what could have been with Keegan. If it’s not us it will be some one else so It may as well be us!!!

United in their desire to wipe Shiite Islam from the world. Er, I mean, defend the world from Iranian terrorism...

So it's already happening regardless of what NUFC do. Why do we have such a problem with odious regimes like Saudi Arabia when in reality we work with them at the highest level?

Dear god of course the country deals with them, i didn't support us selling them jets to bomb yemen with and yet it happens because you know they dont consult me much. Why is it so hard to understand not wanting to support a murderous regime in the one way available to me in giving them money same way i try not to support ashley by not giving him money.

Honestly I am conflicted but the fact that the british state does business with saudi arabia doesnt mean i 'support' that, however I do acknowledge that it is frankly unreasonable and unrealistic to demand ethical standards from sport yet alone everywhere my money goes and I suspect I will break and enjoy loads of money for a bit but it is pretty sour.

Also, it is not going to happen anyway

Complete joke this. Coming into the last week of another poor transfer window and this shit 'leaks' again. Time and time again the media and fans fall for this tripe. I made the mistake of thinking the stuff in the summer was genuine, ill not be caught again until its announced a 100% done deal by the club or the buyer.

If this was going to happen it would now have been done and dusted. Reports that talks have been going on for months only increases the risks of it leaking out. I’m therefore sceptical about claims that Ashley is annoyed it’s now out there, I’m of the opinion he has no intention of selling the club to anyone.

I reckon Staveley's probably leaked it for whatever reason and there's basically no chance of it happening.  The names being mentioned are wealthy enough to have this tied up and done in a matter of weeks if they wanted to just using the change they find down the back of their sofa.

Really just smells like another bullshit game, probably on her part.

No need for anyone to get over exercised over the moral dilemma of this happening.

It is utter horseshit, even more so that the clowns at TalkShite are all over it (especially a mackem wind up merchant).

Of course in the interests of fairness, I trust the voices of 'opposition' to this have the same views on anyone currently supporting MA's regime by continuing to attend matches/buy merchandise/sing 'Give us a wave Brewcie' etc.

I'm sure they do of course.

The most interesting part of it is that one of they guys who broke the story is currently writing a book about Mohammed bin Salman. If true, the leak is probably from Saudi Arabia.

Who, one of the WSJ journalists?

Fat Mike loves to spice up his boring transfer windows by mugging everyone off with false talk of new owners, that Saudi gadge needs to cause a distraction as the UN want a word with him about fiddling with Bezos phone.

Deploy the bi-annual NUFC takeover rumour. Jobsagoodun.

Has Downie came out and said he understands the new owners will be heavily investing into the club and area, only to then come out and say the new owners don't have a pot to piss in

To be honest, I'm sure there is interest in buying the club - I don't buy into the idea that it's all a work of fiction written by Bishop. It's all irrelevant though as Ashley clearly isn't wanting to sell.