Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I'm so conflicted. On the one hand a homophobic, misogynistic, murderous regime.

On the other we might get Rafa back.

Our govt would never allow a rotten regime like that to get their hands on one of Britian's most beloved institutions.

What if they build new training ground, renovate the stadium or expand it (being creative with it) build an academy, boost the Newcastle economy with investment into other areas that boost jobs?

What if we win stuff and compete? Bring a top manager in?

If that's all it takes to make people celebrate them in spite of all the horror and terror they are behind then I'm sure they will be very happy. It's a small price to pay for them. It of course won't help the children in Yemen who is dying due to the actions of Saudi Arabia, but fuck them, we're gonna win the Champions League.

Interesting opinion. 

What if they build new training ground, renovate the stadium or expand it (being creative with it) build an academy, boost the Newcastle economy with investment into other areas that boost jobs?

If that's all it takes to make people celebrate them in spite of all the horror and terror they are behind then I'm sure they will be very happy. It's a small price to pay for them. It of course won't help the children in Yemen who is dying due to the actions of Saudi Arabia, but fuck them, we're gonna win the Champions League.

Interesting opinion. 

Is it correct to tar a whole nation of people with the actions of the nation

Also is it making any difference if they fund Newcastle

If anything would probably lead to more talk and action against the regime

There's a massive difference between Ashley awful and the Saudis awful like

I’ve read that this bin Salman has worked to modernise Saudi, with slightly improved rights for women. Tell me one good thing Ashley has done.

No, I’m not really serious.

having international projects is seen as good publicity to make the regime look modern and outwood looking.

Meanwhile MBS is murderous leading one of the most repressive regimes on the planet. The idea owning a football club would help democratize Saudi Arabia is mad, instead it's just to distract from all the killing journalists, blackmailing Jeff Bezos and excecutions at home.

Now it may be flawed, it may not really improve his image, but I can't say it won't all be a pretty messed up situation

I know the schtick by now and anyone still buying it at this point must have a questionable IQ, but these sorts of links are still so bloody cruel. Just reinforcing the hopelessness of it all whilst dangling fantasies in front of you. You can reject the link but still be coaxed into wondering what things could be like if we could detach ourselves from the parasite.

Interesting opinion.

What is your opinion then? You seem to be in favour of a takeover. You really want to be associated with them?

Interesting opinion.

What is your opinion then? You seem to be in favour of a takeover. You really want to be associated with them?

I have no idea how I feel. One scum owner to another. But you’d be bloody surprised what sovereign wealth funds are invested in - often times it’s some really good stuff all over the world.

I wish the new owner of this club would be a great human being mind you.

This point has been discussed by more articulate people than me, but I think it's an important point: I think, to an extent, football fans should be allowed to be football fans. It's somewhat unfair that, due to associations with certain owners, all of a sudden fans need to adopt a position on human rights and various current affairs and, potentially, have their views of their sports club conflicted by matters that have nothing to do with football.

Our case is a bit different because, regardless of all of Ashley's misdemeanours outside of football, his style works badly for the club. You can't say that about Man City.

This point has been discussed by more articulate people than me, but I think it's an important point: I think, to an extent, football fans should be allowed to be football fans. It's somewhat unfair that, due to associations with certain owners, all of a sudden fans need to adopt a position on human rights and various current affairs and, potentially, have their views of their sports club conflicted by matters that have nothing to do with football.

Our case is a bit different because, regardless of all of Ashley's misdemeanours outside of football, his style works badly for the club. You can't say that about Man City.

I don’t disagree. However, if your conscious of it, it shouldn’t be a topic I avoided or exempt from criticism.

Would love it if this game true as it would prove the people wrong that think getting relegated would get rid of Ashley and intact being pretty much assured of staying up would be better

Fuckin hell. There are a million and one reasons to want Mike Ashley to sell, and the first one you think of is so you can say 'told you so'. Get a grip man.

Guest neesy111

Would love it if this game true as it would prove the people wrong that think getting relegated would get rid of Ashley and intact being pretty much assured of staying up would be better

Fuckin hell. There are a million and one reasons to want Mike Ashley to sell, and the first one you think of is so you can say 'told you so'. Get a grip man.

That's tgarve for you.

Interesting opinion.

I am all in favour of an Arab takeover, they are the only ones likely to transform the club into a trophy winning one.

That shouldn't matter as long as they're literally murdering innocent people IMO

You want it to be true for that reason? Fucking hell, thats actually pathetic.  :lol:

If that's all it takes to make people celebrate them in spite of all the horror and terror they are behind then I'm sure they will be very happy. It's a small price to pay for them. It of course won't help the children in Yemen who is dying due to the actions of Saudi Arabia, but f*** them, we're gonna win the Champions League.

Interesting opinion. 

Is it correct to tar a whole nation of people with the actions of the nation

Also is it making any difference if they fund Newcastle

If anything would probably lead to more talk and action against the regime

The bloke being mentioned is literally second in command to the bloke running the regime :lol: