Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Who are we getting for a shirt sponsor? Can't imagine them keeping Fun88.

Islam4UK

Shut it, for fuck's sake.

So what if he's Muslim? It doesn't mean that he's religious or anything.

So, effectively, you're latching onto a personal characteristic that's pretty much in his background, rather than an explicit aspect of his personality and identity.

His family commit atrocities in the name of the religion, I can take the piss all I want.

Inhumane treatment of construction workers, while certainly sickening, is not driven by religious ideals.

Guest godzilla

I was just on Man U forum RedCafe watching ManU fans worry they might lose their 6th place and saw this message.

"People should stop comparing this to Qatar's and Abdu Dhabi's takeover of PSG and City.

AFAIK Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who's about to buy Newcastle, isn't part of the inner circle of the ruling family in Abu Dhabi, he's just a cousin of Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (crown price of Abu Dhabi) and his brother Mansour.

In plain terms, City and PSG were bought by the governments of Abu Dhabi and Qatar, while Newcastle is close to being sold to a Dubai-based businessman who happens to be a cousin of City owners. This shouldn't make Newcastle as rich as City or PSG, but it's still great news for Newcastle and their fans."

I half hope its true.. i dont want us becoming Citeh 2.0

Wrong for a start as he is his half brother and I would give anything to be like Ciy and winning trophies every year and playing great football.

surely cant be true - but if it is, it's fucking disgraceful of ashley and charnley not to have mentioned any of this to Rafa. totally disrespectful.

Sounds totally in character for them.

Guest chopey

Happy tonight, I've been deliriously changing my forum profile picture all day but I'm settled now.

I was just on Man U forum RedCafe watching ManU fans worry they might lose their 6th place and saw this message.

"People should stop comparing this to Qatar's and Abdu Dhabi's takeover of PSG and City.

AFAIK Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who's about to buy Newcastle, isn't part of the inner circle of the ruling family in Abu Dhabi, he's just a cousin of Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (crown price of Abu Dhabi) and his brother Mansour.

In plain terms, City and PSG were bought by the governments of Abu Dhabi and Qatar, while Newcastle is close to being sold to a Dubai-based businessman who happens to be a cousin of City owners. This shouldn't make Newcastle as rich as City or PSG, but it's still great news for Newcastle and their fans."

I half hope its true.. i dont want us becoming Citeh 2.0

It’s an entirely fair assessment. We should all get drunk silly celebrating Ashley’s departure, but probably not realistic to expect a PSG-like windfall on top of that.

Which is fine. I don’t care about winning the league or even making the CL. A club that tries will suffice.

100% agree with this.

I don't want someone to throw money about (probably do but) all i want is someone who isn't an utter embarrassment, someone who will run the club with a bit of ambition.

And not someone who will treat fans and staff with zero respect, just run it properly, rather like the late Leicester City owner seemed to.

Are we going to be a real club, though? Will he take the signs down and let us burn them and do tribal dances and rut by the light of the flames? That's all I'm after.

surely cant be true - but if it is, it's fucking disgraceful of ashley and charnley not to have mentioned any of this to Rafa. totally disrespectful.

:lol:  Rafa lurking here and hitting F5 like the rest of us.