Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

or 4) there will be no takoever you mad bastard  :lol:

Which is significantly different to "there is no takeover". As it stands it looks like something is happening but no one would be surprised if its scuppered by Ashley pushing for more and more.

Ashley is a gambler and would definitely risk the collapse of any takeover by cheekily trying to squeeze more money out of potential buyers at the last minute. It’s what he does.

Ashley is a gambler and would definitely risk the collapse of any takeover by cheekily trying to squeeze more money out of potential buyers at the last minute. It’s what he does.

And it would be just our luck that no other potential buyer would entertain the fat twat if he did

Guest covmag

Seems Mike Ashley is playing brinkmanship with both BZG and Rafa Benitez.

Part of me wants both Rafa and BZG to just tell him to fuck off.

We all kinda knew how this would end.

Wonder if the other bidder that wants to be anonymous might be better or worse than BZG as a new owner?

Is there the same "proof" of another bidder as there is BZG ?

There’s nothing. Only Caulkin saying that he knows the identity of the other bidder convinces me that it may be true there is another one but there are no statements from them or anything like that.

I really think the Bin Zayed Group will pull out if this drags out for a couple more weeks if little to no progress is made. Not a wise £350 million investment if you don't have a transfer window to protect it.

https://twitter.com/MsiDouglas/status/1142758719710781440

If BZG manage to come in and stop Rafa from leaving by the end of the month :pedro:

Instant hero status.

The Geordie dentist on twitter reckons that he’s after more money. Perhaps the other bidder has indicated they’re prepared to pay more and BZG now have to stick or twist.

Or maybe fat mike is just stringing them all along for shits and giggles. I know which is the more likely scenario

I’m not sure how the dentist can get “someone playing silly buggers with the price” from a no comment.

Pure guess work.

Well it's not is it.  He has connections over there, someone asked what he's heard and that's what he's heard.

Just as, if not more, trustworthy as anything you've put up on here.

Geordie Dentist knows what he’s talking about man. And he wasn’t commenting on the no comment from BZG. Like Wilson said, he was commenting on what he’s heard from his contacts.

So depressing how these contacts always start by saying the deal is happening, then slowly this changes to the current situation.

Ashley is such a cunt that you can't trust anything, no matter who it comes from. It's as if he wants us to believe its full steam ahead for some reason.

The Geordie dentist on twitter reckons that he’s after more money. Perhaps the other bidder has indicated they’re prepared to pay more and BZG now have to stick or twist.

Or maybe fat mike is just stringing them all along for shits and giggles. I know which is the more likely scenario

How I read his tweets was that Ashley wanted another £50 million up front so same price but they were obviously paying over instalments and they were paying maybe £100 million at first then £100 million a season for the next 2 years with a final £50 million payment (this is just an example I have no idea what any arrangement would be). But now he is wanting £150 million up front.

How I read his tweets was that Ashley wanted another £50 million up front so same price but they were obviously paying over instalments and they were paying maybe £100 million at first then £100 million a season for the next 2 years with a final £50 million payment (this is just an example I have no idea what any arrangement would be). But now he is wanting £150 million up front.

Surely that wouldn’t be a show stopper for BZG if the reports of their assets are true.

Surely that wouldn’t be a show stopper for BZG if the reports of their assets are true.

Would be if they didnt think it was worth that much. I can afford to pay £20 for a coffee but I'm not going to.